Obama Yes We Did 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
02onthebrain
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:50 am

dangerboy wrote:
02onthebrain wrote:$500 bones for a signed print in a run of 5000? How out of touch with today's economy can you be? I'll take my free sticker and call it a day, thank you. I like the Victory print much better than this one.

How do flippers already have it listed on ebay?
only 1000 of them were signed

$500 x 1000 = $500,000
Oh I know, but is Shep's signature really worth $420? Come on now, that is crazy. Maybe if it was Obama's signature.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Print Availability Postponed
Because of the overwhelming demand for "Yes We Did—Victory" stickers (960,000 ordered so far), availability of limited edition prints will not begin until tomorrow, Saturday November 8, at 12:30 p.m. ET.

https://pol.moveon.org/shepstickers/lep ... qbW46x&t=6
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:32 pm

a quick glance at the site and i can only see what looks like a USA only sale. do they ship international with paypal?
dr_flie
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 pm

kevkevkev wrote:a quick glance at the site and i can only see what looks like a USA only sale. do they ship international with paypal?
No. Only credit card with US address. Us Internationals are stuck unless we've got friends in the US willing to order for us.
Random407
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Not to hate on you guys overseas but the people who actually supported/voted Obama should indeed be given first opportunity. It just sucks for the US citizens who are currently out of the States, but I suppose most of them would have a friend/family member willing and able to score them one.

And it goes both ways, theres several times I've missed out on something because of living in the US.
Last edited by Random407 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subtle
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:46 pm

electrachrome wrote:Print Availability Postponed
Because of the overwhelming demand for "Yes We Did—Victory" stickers (960,000 ordered so far), availability of limited edition prints will not begin until tomorrow, Saturday November 8, at 12:30 p.m. ET.

wow. that bugs. why announce something if there may be a chance it is not possible. today was a good day for me...tomorrow not so much.
Codeblue wrote:Nevermind, I confused myself.
hillsj2001
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Subtle wrote:
electrachrome wrote:Print Availability Postponed

wow. that bugs. why announce something if there may be a chance it is not possible. today was a good day for me...tomorrow not so much.
agreed....i'll be at work tomorrow when this goes on sale :(
Staunchy
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Random407 wrote:Not to hate on you guys overseas but the people who actually supported/voted Obama should indeed be given first opportunity. It just sucks for the US citizens who are currently out of the States, but I suppose most of them would have a friend/family member willing and able to score them one.

And it goes both ways, theres several times I've missed out on something because of living in the US.
why do overseas people who are not ameican want these? It's not like we want posters of there presidents.

This reminds me..i was in europe last summer at a bar in switzerland. These drunk guys from London were there. One guy kept talking fudge about americans for like an hour. I mentioned to him i was American. He said to me..sorry but i'm sure you guys talk fudge about us. i said " not really" He asked why.
I said "because we don't care "

He then looked sad.
i and i
s_k_y
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:51 pm

:lol: ^
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Staunchy wrote:
Random407 wrote:Not to hate on you guys overseas but the people who actually supported/voted Obama should indeed be given first opportunity. It just sucks for the US citizens who are currently out of the States, but I suppose most of them would have a friend/family member willing and able to score them one.

why do overseas people who are not ameican want these? It's not like we want posters of there presidents.

This reminds me..i was in europe last summer at a bar in switzerland. These drunk guys from London were there. One guy kept talking fudge about americans for like an hour. I mentioned to him i was American. He said to me..sorry but i'm sure you guys talk fudge about us. i said " not really" He asked why.

He then looked sad.
:clap:
KyleLindgren
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Staunchy wrote:

He then looked sad.
:D > :clap:
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Staunchy wrote:

He then looked sad.

These boozing bachelors of Britain are notorious throughout Europe. :)

Flipping purposes set aside, I think many want to get there hands on this print just because it's a Fairey.
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:44 pm

so wheres all the money going? the campaign is over.

it's a bit like when tony blair first got elected over here in 97. we all thought it was a new dawn for our country. in england we just dont care about our MP's anymore. they drymount anyone and everyone over. and dodge every question. the guy in charge now didnt even get elected. he's there cause tony packed it in. bottom line. they are all cvnts. i just cant see banksy doing a positive gordon brown print anytime soon.
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:49 pm

kevkevkev wrote:so wheres all the money going? the campaign is over.
The money doesn't go to the campaign. Moveon.org is a Political Action Committee.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Your donation will help MoveOn support Barack Obama's agenda of transitioning our country to a clean, green-energy economy, ending the Iraq War responsibly, and providing affordable health care to all Americans.