Obama Yes We Did 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:21 pm

I did'nt ask for a new print + a refund. I stated that I wouldn't mind keeping the print that I have, damage and all.. . however, if there was any chance they would be willing to partially refund me for the inconvenience, then I would justify keeping the print and dealing with it, because it was a lower number.

Either way, Im gonna keep the print.. .im not flipping it, that SOBs' either going to be framed and up on my wall or in my flat file for who knows how long!

I just figured that it was worth a shot to ask.. . considering the price/donation(whatever you wanna call it) of the print.
jecapaga
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:23 pm

Just unrolled my numbered. 1664/5000. A minor roll bend at the top, otherwise packaged relatively well. The crowd is cloned on this. The top left has matching faces from the bottom right.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:39 pm

MooreSaxPlease wrote:I did'nt ask for a new print + a refund. I stated that I wouldn't mind keeping the print that I have, damage and all.. . however, if there was any chance they would be willing to partially refund me for the inconvenience, then I would justify keeping the print and dealing with it, because it was a lower number.

Either way, Im gonna keep the print.. .im not flipping it, that SOBs' either going to be framed and up on my wall or in my flat file for who knows how long!

I just figured that it was worth a shot to ask.. . considering the price/donation(whatever you wanna call it) of the print.
that makes more sense. i got print # 1176, and really want to keep this #. It would have been cool if they had kept some back which were not numbered for the ones that were damaged instead of issuing a new #.
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:38 pm

got mine today. some minor edge issues on one side, i would have ignored them but the fact that there are a couple of really obvious rolling creases forced me to contact them for a replacement. hopefully they can come through for me.
vorphilack
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:15 pm

I got's roll-bends!

Most will flatten out, except that damn tiny one 2" from my finger. That one goes a little bit through to the front.

Edges, corners all fine. Still on fence about replacement. Its not destroyed, and could be conserved at a later date.. hmmm.
skary
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:18 pm

Mine came in today very bad rolling creases tons of them where they initially started to roll the print and one whole edge is jacked up from some donkey pushing the bubble wrap into the hole the other end they did not do that and it was fine. Waiting to hear back from them. mine was under 500 but all I want is a great condition print to put in my floating frame and number does not matter to me its just a number.
vorphilack
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:23 pm

I'd rank most of what you'd see in my pic as roll "waves" - they can be flattened out with pressure.

Its only really a "bend" (and a problem) until it causes a crease.
skary
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:30 pm

i ha.ve pictures but dont know how to put them in. and my rolling creases one 4 inch crease goes thru to the other side.
pspelmo
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:36 pm

elmo's got a s/n print that has a shitty upper right corner, bend around the yes we did, and the left side is jacked from the bubble wrap. i will be requesting a replacement as for 500 dollars, i better get mint.

elmo.
ipath2003
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:44 pm

A few roll bends on my end to.
Caballero
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:30 pm

Got mine, a sweet number in the high 200's. Have to say it was VERY well packaged. Maybe they were more careful early and got fatigued late.

Minor roll bend (not crease, just bend) at top. Nothing visible, really basically not there.

Weirdly, sig and number are on the same side (right). Is this consistent with others? Is everyone's signed/numbered on right?
pspelmo
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:36 pm

mine is s/n on the bottom right side. 754 i believe. and had this been #747 i would have kept the poster and delt with the shitty edge work as 747 is my favorite number. missed it by 7 digits.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Caballero wrote:Weirdly, sig and number are on the same side (right). Is this consistent with others? Is everyone's signed/numbered on right?
Yes. That's how mine was also.
clwatt3
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:05 pm

My #'ed print showed up today with some minor edge wear and a slight roll bend. Oh well...
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:32 pm

What is the contact email for damaged prints ? pm if you want please someone

Roll bends like a mofo in my numbered edition