Phish Shoreline 00 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:47 pm

bfa_artist wrote:It says that there were at least 3 AP runs. Does anyone know how many prints were in each AP run, or better yet, how many of these AP prints exist?
All the AP were done at the same time as the regular run.
3 numbered "sets" of AP prints were put together by Jim for 3 individual collectors.
other APs exist without the numbering.
exact numbers are not known, but believed to be less than 10-12 per poster.
bfa_artist
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:49 pm

electrachrome wrote:
bfa_artist wrote:It says that there were at least 3 AP runs. Does anyone know how many prints were in each AP run, or better yet, how many of these AP prints exist?
All the AP were done at the same time as the regular run.
3 numbered "sets" of AP prints were put together by Jim for 3 individual collectors.
other APs exist without the numbering.
exact numbers are not known, but believed to be less than 10-12 per poster.
Right on. Thanks for the clarification. I have a line on an AP but wasn't sure how Pollock handled his AP editions.
jester
Art Expert

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:57 pm

I just got this print from someone on ebay, and the back of the poster has completely bled through. You can see almost the entire image perfectly on the back. Does anyone else have a Pollock poster that looks like that ? More in particular, this print ?

I have a 7 day $ back and im going to return it. But I just wanted to ask and see if anyone else's poster looks the way mine does.
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
haven
Art Expert

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:02 pm

First I'd ask, why do you care if the ink from the front has bled through to the back of the poster, which you'll never see?

Second, maybe it's from laying that poster on top of another that wasn't completely dried.

Either way, seems to be part of the process, and if the fronts fine, I don't see a problem.
jester
Art Expert

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm

haven wrote:First I'd ask, why do you care if the ink from the front has bled through to the back of the poster, which you'll never see?

Second, maybe it's from laying that poster on top of another that wasn't completely dried.

Either way, seems to be part of the process, and if the fronts fine, I don't see a problem.
Its definitely NOT from being on top of another poster. The image bled through almost like it was printed on toilet paper, or like someone tore of a layer or two of paper from the back, so your looking at the back, but the image is backwards. I have almost all of the 99-00 Pollock Phish prints, and none of mine look like that.

Has ANYONE ELSE seen this....
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 pm

^ that's strange? sucks you had to get rid of it. What did you buy it for if you remember?
Common sense, is not that common
dmm8878
Art Expert

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I wonder if it was drymounted and then peeled off the board it was mounted to.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:43 am

dmm8878 wrote:I wonder if it was drymounted and then peeled off the board it was mounted to.
that would be my best guess too.
jester
Art Expert

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 pm

That sounds about right, it was very thin. I finally scored a Shoreline and it looks beautiful, and is not nearly as thin as the last one I returned.
jester
Art Expert

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 pm

attackonthebass wrote:^ that's strange? sucks you had to get rid of it. What did you buy it for if you remember?
You know, it was a little while ago now, but I think it was around $540-$580ish something like that. The guy was very cool about returning the poster, so that was nice.
soulshine79
New User

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:47 pm

I have an AP of this print, not numbered, framed, mint condition with a finger print that you can see next to the S in Shoreline.

Any idea what this might be worth?

Thanks!
virtualmert
Art Expert

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 pm

soulshine79 wrote:I have an AP of this print, not numbered, framed, mint condition with a finger print that you can see next to the S in Shoreline.

Any idea what this might be worth?

Thanks!
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/32
:cautiously removes pants:
smuggs
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 16, 2013 6:57 pm

jester wrote: Its definitely NOT from being on top of another poster. The image bled through almost like it was printed on toilet paper, or like someone tore of a layer or two of paper from the back, so your looking at the back, but the image is backwards. I have almost all of the 99-00 Pollock Phish prints, and none of mine look like that.

Has ANYONE ELSE seen this....
My astron is like this, its most likely because the ink is so thick it bled through as its deffenately never been drymounted. even pen ink bleeds through paper without it being pressed . I think its a good thing because my ink is like 3d
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:43 am

I need to track one of these down at some point.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 am

the print that started me collecting. my favorite phish print of all time