Widespread Panic Morrison 08 Mouse

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Yes, man congrats! Hope I get a shot sometime again. Beautiful piece of art! Would love it in my collection sometime.
housedog777
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:40 pm

wow...nice score jimmyhoops...incredible

i have been to every panic show at redrox....that should almost earn me a a poster!!!
"I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes."
-HST
automator
Nobody

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:38 am

New image Panic Morrison 08 Mouse

jimmyhoops
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:42 am

Good news…Rich Holstein, the frame artist has some remaining bleacher stock from Red Rocks. Looks like my vision of recreating what had been done for the band and the Red Rocks museum will become a reality! I'm super stoked about this art project. :D
Last edited by jimmyhoops on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~JimmyHoops...Widespread Panic and Grateful Dead Poster Fanatic!
coleslaw
Art Expert

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 am

^great news jimmyhoops!!!* :clap:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Jimmy, you're relentless... an uncommon quality... congrats!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm pretty sure they have some benches for sale at the trading post, but looks like you are all set.
again, congrats, I've seen quite a few of those Panic shows as well... great shows... but wtf, Pearl Jam has played there twice? :roll:
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Some hippie bartender out there needs to concoct a drink named Panic On The Rocks... and they should give the honor to jimmy to drink the first one :pint:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
jimmyhoops
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Finally spoke with Rich. He's a super nice guy. He mentioned that he was able to get all the bleacher material from the first 16 rows of Red Rocks. Which means that there's a good chance that I've danced on my near future frame. Now how cool is that! :clap:

Needless to say, he has plenty of stock and his prices were more than fair. The only thing required is a bit of patience as his business has rapidly expanded and he's got a back log of work. But not to worry, anything worth having is certainly worth waiting for! :D
automator
Nobody

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:09 am

Closeup of lower left corner of frame. Frame material manufactured from original Red Rocks bleacher material, rows 1-16.

automator
Nobody

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:09 am

This is the plaque that accompanies the framed poster at Red Rocks. It tells the story of the frame as well as the record setting event by Widespread Panic.

polivo
New User

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:16 pm

Hey Everybody,

Glad everyone is stoked on this poster. I work with Bill Bass, the promoter for Panic at Red Rocks, and it was quite an experience dealing with Stanley, Diesel Fuel, back to Stanley for his John Hancock and then off to Rich for the great frames. Rich is a great guy who personally delivered the finished art to Red Rocks for a ceremony celebrating the 30th Consecutive Sold Out Show (we are up to 35 now).

I was shocked at the sale price on eBay. Somehow validates the effort it took to get it done. Thanks for all the great comments.

BTW, only 35 were printed/signed/numbered with 5 artist proofs, so only 40 total in existence. No second printing as far as I know. Certainly, none has been authorized.

Thanks,
Peter
Bill Bass Concerts.
dmswsp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:43 pm

fantastic! thank you for the work...Spreadnecks everywhere rejoice! :notworthy:
weallen
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:39 pm

automator wrote:New image Panic Morrison 08 Mouse
This is the plaque that accompanies the framed poster at Red Rocks. It tells the story of the frame as well as the record setting event by Widespread Panic.

Wow! Too bad they didn't catch that consecutive is misspelled concecutive on the plaque...
http://www.billallenphotos.com Live Concert Photography and More...
jimmyhoops
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:47 am

weallen wrote:
automator wrote:New image Panic Morrison 08 Mouse

Wow! Too bad they didn't catch that consecutive is misspelled concecutive on the plaque...
HA! Nice catch :lol: