My Morning Jacket Philadelphia 08 Slater

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:06 am

This topic is dedicated to: My Morning Jacket Philadelphia 08 Slater

Staunchy
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:06 am

is this two men?
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:12 am

Staunchy wrote:is this two men?
Brokeback Jacket?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:52 am

Shepard Fairey?
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:35 am

Codeblue wrote:Shepard Fairey?
well played sir.
moemoe6434
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:26 am

I was at the show... This was not avilable there only the official poster which was by El Hefe Design is great!

Which begs the question..... What is this Slater poster for? Is it unofficial?

Personally, I love Slater's work.... But this poster is horrible IMO.... I only collect shows that I have been too and this one, I think will not buy. Really bums me out to dislike this poster.
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 am

embrace your feminine side.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:09 am

moemoe6434 wrote:I was at the show... This was not avilable there only the official poster which was by El Hefe Design is great!

Personally, I love Slater's work.... But this poster is horrible IMO.... I only collect shows that I have been too and this one, I think will not buy. Really bums me out to dislike this poster.

I think latley the use of " official " in these threads is is kinda anal . Lots of different types of Official. It's not parking lot or garage sale art
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:10 am

cool poster
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:23 am

ricv64 wrote:
moemoe6434 wrote:I was at the show... This was not avilable there only the official poster which was by El Hefe Design is great!

I think latley the use of " official " in these threads is is kinda anal . Lots of different types of Official. It's not parking lot or garage sale art
yes but your missing the point. It was not commissioned by the band, so in that regards no its not "official". Let me remind you of EMEK and the mars volta poster along with emek and the Pearl Jam poster.

People just cant go around making up stuff representing bands. Even if the promoter wants a poster they just cant go and do whatever they want.
tajmccall
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 am

PASS
For your health.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:14 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

yes but your missing the point. It was not commissioned by the band, so in that regards no its not "official". Let me remind you of EMEK and the mars volta poster along with emek and the Pearl Jam poster.

People just cant go around making up stuff representing bands. Even if the promoter wants a poster they just cant go and do whatever they want.
actually, since they set up & promoted the event and are the ones paying the band, the promotors actually can do whatever they want. at least as it pertains to the marketing and promotion of a show, which, often times, involves a poster. if you've ever seen a performance contract for a show like this, especially booked through live nation, et al, it states that pretty explicitly.

technically, the promotor could commission a poster of somebody effing the band in the ass and there's really not much they can do about it...
mbrennan
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:26 pm

not that i care .. but this is all true UNTIL someone starts selling the posters and someone is profiting off the bands name ... I assure you they do not like this unless they get a cut
Bralumian wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

actually, since they set up & promoted the event and are the ones paying the band, the promotors actually can do whatever they want. at least as it pertains to the marketing and promotion of a show, which, often times, involves a poster. if you've ever seen a performance contract for a show like this, especially booked through live nation, et al, it states that pretty explicitly.

technically, the promotor could commission a poster of somebody effing the band in the ass and there's really not much they can do about it...
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
moemoe6434
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:47 pm

mbrennan wrote:not that i care .. but this is all true UNTIL someone starts selling the posters and someone is profiting off the bands name ... I assure you they do not like this unless they get a cut
Bralumian wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

That is EXACTLY what I do not understand.... These posters were not used to advertise the concert in any way.... Never published in print, hung on walls, stapled to poles but they are allowed to sell these prints for profit?

I know this is a common thing in todays poster world so it should probably be moved to the ethics area... but I am interesting in hearing the legalities of this.
mbrennan
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:01 pm

don't stir the pot unless you want to lose all this great art
maybe they were vip posters and promo
moemoe6434 wrote:
mbrennan wrote:not that i care .. but this is all true UNTIL someone starts selling the posters and someone is profiting off the bands name ... I assure you they do not like this unless they get a cut
Bralumian wrote:
ChefFerrari wrote: yes but your missing the point. It was not commissioned by the band, so in that regards no its not "official". Let me remind you of EMEK and the mars volta poster along with emek and the Pearl Jam poster.

That is EXACTLY what I do not understand.... These posters were not used to advertise the concert in any way.... Never published in print, hung on walls, stapled to poles but they are allowed to sell these prints for profit?

I know this is a common thing in todays poster world so it should probably be moved to the ethics area... but I am interesting in hearing the legalities of this.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.