Splash 08 Grafter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 pm

The stencil, the splash, no grafter sig and the horrible colour combination all make this dodgy.

Another thing, i thoroughly enjoyed watching the youtube videos of how splash and bomb-it were made. But it has obviously given some people inside info on how to duplicate his work. And then sell it as their own!
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:04 pm

I think it's probably authentic. Check this blue canvas out
similar splashes. I think he changed the splash patterns in the canvases.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
roo
Art Expert

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 pm

This is my splash on canvas not a day goes by that it doesnt make my smile :) Its a shame those welsh splashes are still on ebay tho, they definitely dont make me smile :ziggi:
hirschy75
Art Expert

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:49 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:I think it's probably authentic. Check this blue canvas out
similar splashes. I think he changed the splash patterns in the canvases.
Could be, I really have no idea but still the splash on this one ^^^ doesn't wrap around the foot like the other one did
reminder: ink on paper
MacDaddy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Me too! I bought my wife the blue canvas and she has it hanging at her work. I love the image.

:D
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 am

bysleightofhand wrote:I think it's probably authentic. Check this blue canvas out
Ok. The framed white print is the fake. :P

Ive had the chance to see 2 of these images on canvas and Grafter signed them both on the side. Plus the splash was never that big. Stencil just doesnt look right. But it may be the pics. Hey ho.

P.s Interested tryptich peeps ive PM'd you.
roo
Art Expert

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:50 am

BILLYTHEKID wrote:

Ive had the chance to see 2 of these images on canvas and Grafter signed them both on the side. Plus the splash was never that big. Stencil just doesnt look right. But it may be the pics. Hey ho.

Are you going for the slice?? :)
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:03 am

roo wrote:
BILLYTHEKID wrote:

Are you going for the slice?? :)
Maybe. White and blue are taken. Red up for grabs.
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:05 pm

This is such a great image! My wife wants it so bad....
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
BILLYTHEKID
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:11 pm

kansasbbq wrote:This is such a great image! My wife wants it so bad....
Well what are you doing here?!?

Get off to bed and sort her out.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:19 pm

I want a blue panel from the triptych
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
dangerboy
Flipper

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm

bysleightofhand wrote:I want a blue panel from the triptych
the only one with complimentary colors*...my favorite

*the complimentary color to any color is the remaining of the 3 primaries, or the combination of the 2 not used. for blue, it would = red + yellow.
morecoffee wrote:
itsdug wrote:what does mint with pin holes mean?!
Consider it perfect and pure...like a virgin who loves ass play and sucking the clown.
pearlybaker wrote:This place is a magnet for retards with some sort of psychosis.
roo
Art Expert

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:10 am

My blue splash is still my favorite of the run and every day when i see it i smile, If i ever get the chance i would love to buy the red canvas to go with it... :ziggi: On a lighter note it seems all my friends wives want it bad as well. :wink:
Grafter
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:26 am

Over the past week I have taken several orders for this piece, mainly from members of this board, and I'd just like to thank you once again for the fantastic support you constantly show towards my work. Thank you...

The result being that there are now only 3 copies left in the edition and it looks like this image will, very shortly, become unavailable. So, for those who already have one, congratulations, your stock just went up, and for those who were planning to buy.... This really is your last opportunity.

Thanks again

G
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:57 pm

down to 1 now :D