Splash 08 Grafter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 pm

davesart123 wrote:http://www.urbanangel.com/department/grafter/

appears they still have all colors on canvas.
Thanks,
Just bought the white. There is only one left I think
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 pm

boatingbenny wrote:

Thanks,
Sold out ;)
grub2323
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Go Gafter Go Grafter Go
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 pm

cadeallaw wrote:
boatingbenny wrote:

Thanks,
Sold out ;)

Nice buy considering that people want over 1K for the print.
This is spray on canvas #/10
Cant wait to get it!
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:55 pm

boatingbenny wrote:
cadeallaw wrote:
boatingbenny wrote:

Thanks,
Sold out ;)

Cant wait to get it!
yeah... I justified it like this: I've been looking for this print for a few months with no luck (even emailed Grafter a few times). I figured that I would have to pay at least $200 (if I could find one) and that was before Art of the Week... Then it would cost an additional $200 to frame. So I just broke down and got the white Canvas of 10. Now i'm trying to decide whether I would have rather gotten the wood piece :? I'll quit now and just be happy with my purchase.
grub2323
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:56 pm

FOLKS !!!! THIS IS NOT A PRINT, each one is hand painted and sprayed using multiple layers and stencils making each one unique. When you seee it in the flesh it is Jaw-Dropping!!! gl to those trying to cop one.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:58 pm

appears they still have all colors on canvas.[/quote]
Thanks,
Just bought the white. There is only one left I think[/quote]

Sold out ;)[/quote]

Cant wait to get it![/quote]

yeah... I justified it like this: I've been looking for this print for a few months with no luck (even emailed Grafter a few times). I figured that I would have to pay at least $200 (if I could find one) and that was before Art of the Week... Then it would cost an additional $200 to frame. So I just broke down and got the white Canvas of 10. Now i'm trying to decide whether I would have rather gotten the wood piece :? I'll quit now and just be happy with my purchase.[/quote]

I like the canvas myself, looks clean. Just not into hanging someones wooden fence on my wall.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:01 pm

grub2323 wrote:FOLKS !!!! THIS IS NOT A PRINT, each one is hand painted and sprayed using multiple layers and stencils making each one unique. When you seee it in the flesh it is Jaw-Dropping!!! gl to those trying to cop one.
when I say print, i just mean paper.
grub2323
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 pm

gotcha... just wanted to clarify for other members too.... But that was the deciding factor in me buying this months ago at the time the canvas was 4-6 times more than the paper edition and just as nice if not nicer!
pjhead
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Man I'm kicking myself, I couldn't pull the trigger on the white canvas and now its sold out. Something about the actual paint splatter that I didn't like on the canvas. Definately a good buy though considering what the print will sell for. Something tells me that there will not be many oppertunities to pick up the print.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 pm

boatingbenny wrote: I like the canvas myself, looks clean. Just not into hanging someones wooden fence on my wall.
Here's the breakdown about the different editions for me :
To my tastes, I agree it is (the clean look) its biggest advantage over the wood version. On the other side, I think the wood version splash work seems to be a lot better than on the canvas, just much more texture to it. The pattern also looks better to my eye. Since there can be quite some variation from one piece to another though, I figured maybe it wasn't a good thing to generalize that from the only pic of each canvas color. The paper version (made the effort not to use the print term :) ) has the best of both worlds about these aspects I think. It's downside is definitly the additional cost needed to put it on the wall. I certainly do think though that the best final result is the paper version with a custom hand painted frame. At least, these are what the pics and my computer revealed to me...
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:43 pm

pjhead wrote:Man I'm kicking myself, I couldn't pull the trigger on the white canvas and now its sold out. Something about the actual paint splatter that I didn't like on the canvas. Definately a good buy though considering what the print will sell for. Something tells me that there will not be many oppertunities to pick up the print.
i thought the same exact thing. i thought that the canvas is definitely the worst of the 3 medium. i looked at it for the past 3 days and added it to my cart and checked the exchange rate every day, but i couldnt do it. i ended up deciding on not buying because i heard there will be more versions of Splash coming out. Of all recent non-purchase regrets, the white on paper is #1.
higherlimits
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:58 pm

I like the canvas the best for various reasons.. I was going to hold out and buy it once I had some money but once someone posted the link here I knew it'd sell out quick and jumped on it.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:18 pm

I think that the Splash canvas will fit in nicely with my other recent purchases:

phlyguy
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:37 pm

tranito wrote:
boatingbenny wrote: I like the canvas myself, looks clean. Just not into hanging someones wooden fence on my wall.
Here's the breakdown about the different editions for me :
To my tastes, I agree it is (the clean look) its biggest advantage over the wood version. On the other side, I think the wood version splash work seems to be a lot better than on the canvas, just much more texture to it. The pattern also looks better to my eye. Since there can be quite some variation from one piece to another though, I figured maybe it wasn't a good thing to generalize that from the only pic of each canvas color. The paper version (made the effort not to use the print term :) ) has the best of both worlds about these aspects I think. It's downside is definitly the additional cost needed to put it on the wall. I certainly do think though that the best final result is the paper version with a custom hand painted frame. At least, these are what the pics and my computer revealed to me...

Agree on all accounts. Dont mean to dis the wood version but the seams of the wood take away from the black stenciling. And the splatter on the canvas dosent look entirely carelessly splattered, it almost looks a little too placed just right.