Time for a Change 08 Ross

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:09 am

Seriously considering getting another one.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
Flimby

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 am

Codeblue wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Shouldn't this be called Superobama?
Haw, I knew it!
and so it was written
grungejunky
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 am

MJBuck wrote:Seriously considering getting another one.
dont blame you. i'm thinking the same thing but best not to be greedy and anticipate its value. i figure if it skyrockets like the rest of the obama stuff, thats great. if not, ive got a sweet poster.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 am

grungejunky wrote:
MJBuck wrote:Seriously considering getting another one.
dont blame you. i'm thinking the same thing but best not to be greedy and anticipate its value. i figure if it skyrockets like the rest of the obama stuff, thats great. if not, ive got a sweet poster.
I pulled the trigger.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
grungejunky
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:25 am

haha good for you. i think part of my reason also is my lack of expendable income at the moment.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:36 am

Flimby wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Shouldn't this be called Superobama?
Haw, I knew it!
and so it was written
Actually, this says it's called "Time For A Change":

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/aug084770.html

confirmed by Alex
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:03 pm

sabotage wrote:
But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:this is a great image maybe the best obama image and I think the artist is better known than Shepard imo
I'm gonna wait till the hype gets alot higher before I let go of mine. $150 is a steal! I see these flippin for way more in the near future.
:iagree:

Everybody stop these silly $150,- auctions, you're ruining the flipping potential of this print! :twisted: :lol:
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
starrynight
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Does anyone know for sure that these are in fact coming from sdcc and that these are the same lithos from the run of 500 and not another printing? Is the rupp comic site "officially" selling these? I guess it doesnt really matter, I just hope they are really signed by the artist! I know nothing about comic books, but this print is funny and looks really well done. If it turns out to be worth al $$, then cool but I bought it more to keep. Are most people that bought this buying this to keep or sell or both?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Are you "Sacha" from omgposters?
qtully
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:22 pm

starrynight wrote:Does anyone know for sure that these are in fact coming from sdcc and that these are the same lithos from the run of 500 and not another printing? Is the rupp comic site "officially" selling these? I guess it doesnt really matter, I just hope they are really signed by the artist! I know nothing about comic books, but this print is funny and looks really well done. If it turns out to be worth al $$, then cool but I bought it more to keep. Are most people that bought this buying this to keep or sell or both?

ALEX ROSS 2008 SDCC SUPER OBAMA SIGNED PRINT (ar08sdccsosp)

AlexRossArt.com has created an awesome 12" by 18" high-end art print of Barack Obama, Democratic Presidential nominee. Signed by the artist Alex Ross himself. These were exclusive to San Diego Comic Con 2008.

if they end up not being signed or the original run then i'll be pissed off and demand a refund.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:24 pm

qtully wrote:
starrynight wrote:Does anyone know for sure that these are in fact coming from sdcc and that these are the same lithos from the run of 500 and not another printing? Is the rupp comic site "officially" selling these? I guess it doesnt really matter, I just hope they are really signed by the artist! I know nothing about comic books, but this print is funny and looks really well done. If it turns out to be worth al $$, then cool but I bought it more to keep. Are most people that bought this buying this to keep or sell or both?

ALEX ROSS 2008 SDCC SUPER OBAMA SIGNED PRINT (ar08sdccsosp)

AlexRossArt.com has created an awesome 12" by 18" high-end art print of Barack Obama, Democratic Presidential nominee. Signed by the artist Alex Ross himself. These were exclusive to San Diego Comic Con 2008.

if they end up not being signed or the original run then i'll be pissed off and demand a refund.
mE TOO
sabotage
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:31 pm

I bought 2 ,one to keep and one to flip to pay for the 1st one! Unless this gets ridiculous then both are for sale.
starrynight
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:33 pm

Codeblue wrote:Are you "Sacha" from omgposters?
No. Who is that?
sasquatch
Art Expert

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Both. I'm tearing the sucker in half. Selling the left half and keeping the right.
grub2323
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:39 pm