Dave Matthews Band Noblesville II 08 Methane

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:55 pm

According to the DavePosters-Forum, Alpine N1 is a flower power purple single drum, with the birds holding the drum sticks, $35.-, print run of 940. No pictures yet, but they'll come up shortly, no doubt.
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Here it is:

sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:26 pm

I have an extra N1 alpine if anyone would like to trade for a "guitar" or "violin" Please let me know by pm. Thanks!
DMBfan
Art Expert

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:33 pm

Looking to add this to my collection to complete my set, anyone want to set up a trade or sell please pm me, thanks. :D
hawks10
Art Expert

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Looking to trade my MINT copy of this Noblesville Flower Violin for your MINT copy of the Berkeley Flower Sax...PM me if interested
automator
Nobody

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:12 pm

New image Dave Matthews Band Noblesville II 08 Methane

KNEEL13
EB Team

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:56 pm

I am not saying this isn't a nice looking poster, but didn't this basically win art of the week in July?

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/81190
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:05 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:I am not saying this isn't a nice looking poster, but didn't this basically win art of the week in July?

ahh the power of the dave fans coming together. :quack:
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:28 pm

S,S,FH wrote:
KNEEL13 wrote:I am not saying this isn't a nice looking poster, but didn't this basically win art of the week in July?

Don't you have some other place you can gather?
Seriously...
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:32 pm

turnJBup wrote:
S,S,FH wrote:

Don't you have some other place you can gather?
Seriously...

nah, we dave fans are starting to like this poster collecting thing. :twisted:
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:48 pm

S,S,FH wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
jenga
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:02 pm

iratasan wrote:I'm german, we prefer to find people over the internet who would agree that we cook and eat them, but a good knife fight is not bad either
dreamingtree#41
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:20 am

As a life long DMB Fan, and music art collector, which includes DMB Prints. I need to say something to both the EB community, and some of the DMB Fans on here. First, a little background about myself. I started listening to DMB in 1994, and my first show was on December 30, 1996. Since then I have seen DMB from SPAC (East Coast) to Golden Gate Park (West Coast) (no, not just those two shows), and have over 1,400 different DMB, D+T, D+F, Dave Solo, Dave Radio, and other random shows. No, I am not that person who only listens to DMB. I went through a short Metal Phase for a few years listened to Hed Pe, Revielle, Machine Head, Slipknot, Taproot, Sevendust, White Zombie, Deftones, and even Bio Hazard quickly come to mind. After my Metal Phase I went back to not only DMB, but Blues Traveler, PGroove, Xaiver Rudd, Ben Harper, Tea Leaf Green, O.A.R., Galatic, STS9, and SCI are the 1st to pop in my head. Furthermore, both Tool and Rage Against the Machine have had a major impact on my life, and have changed the way that I think and view the world. I estimtate that I have gone to around 150 non DMB concerts, give or take, and have seen hundreds of bands other than DMB. My point is that even though DMB is still my favorite band, and has been for years, expect for my "angry years", I understand the differnce between raitional and irrational.

As a DMB fan, I want to apolgize to the EB community for some of my fellow DMB fans that can tend to be irrational at times. Personally, I can understand how Scranton 2008 and Berkekely 2008 of the Flower Series won Art of the Week. First, Scranton deserves it for being most likely the best DMB print of 2008,not only because it looks great, but because of its signifagance. At least to me, it assured me that Methane was going to put out a great run of DMB prints for the 2008 Summer Tour, which Methane did. Each print represented somethinig signifagant from the city. Also, it was the 1st time with DMB Prints that there was going to be a series of 5 prints, one for each of the member's instrument. Finally, Berekely represents not only the Sax (the instrument that Leori Moore played), but was released on his birthday. However, personally I would have leaned toward Bristow because (1) its style is different from Scranton (2) LeRoi's last show (3) better art than an image of a sax. The print has a rustic brown tone with a wooden house, not in the best condition, by itself expect for the tree that has no leaves (I will not explain what its Civil War meanining is). Whenever I look at it, I feel alone/isolated/ that something is missing. But, each is own.

However, I am trying to understand why Noblesville N2 was voted AOW. Budich's drawing of Dave Matthews is a pretty damn good drawing, but the image is copied. There are quite a few pictures and drawings of this image, only the colors are different. This is the one drawing that won AOW that blows my mind because it is not orginal. Both Toronto and Rothbury are decent prints, but it is not art. It is a nice image printned on paper. The Dancing Nancy Image has been used in prints before Toronto, Roseland 2005 quickly comes to mind. I have never figured out what is special about Rothbury to win AOW. Last but not least, is Bridgeview. Honestly, besides Scranton, this is the only other DMB print for 2008 that I feel deserves AOW. Great idea to use a Gangster to represent Chicago, but what makes the print is the Dave Matthews Band letters in the Smoke. Also, the overall tone is not plesant, the gangster looks like he is a bit upset. Most DMB prints have a "happy" tone to them. Please correct me if I am wrong but, Chicago 2008 is the only one that has letters/names hidden within an image (Please dont say DMB is on the Hershey Bar, Cracker Jack Box, or on a Hotel Sign. I am trying to refer back to when Emek hide the DMB letters in the Giesha's sleeve in 2004, and could only be seen close up, just like the DMB in the smoke looks like smoke far away).

I dont know why 7 DMB Methane 2008 prints won AOW, moreso when 3 of them are basically the same. I understand that there is some DMB clique that came over from another site, but if this ya'lls best opinion of art that was released in 2008, then please go back to whatever DMB site you came from because since June seven DMB prints won AOW, or roughly 25% of the AOW winners are DMB Prints, Emek does not even win that much. Is the purpose of these DMB prints winning AOW to increase their value so you can make more money if you flip them? Ya'll are given a bad name to some of the DMB fans that dont believe some of these prints deserved AOW. Not only are the regular members on this site becoming tired of this trend, but I as a DMB fan is embarrssed that this is conisdered to be some of the "Top Music Art".

I just want to speak for myself about the following. For those fellow EBeaners that read this, and are becoming upset with the amount of DMB AOW wins try to remember that not all DMB fans are like this. For those that dont follow DMB on a regular basis, I have noticed a new generation of DMB Fans begining to emerge. I have well over 1 TB of just music related to DMB, and have begun passing it down to a younger generation through bit torrents. Most of the newer fans started either with the 2004 or 2005 Summer Tour,and these kids are either about to finish High School or are just starting college. Therefore, they are around 16 to early 20's. As a result, when Under the Table and Dreaming was released these "new fans" were around 3 to 8 years old. Honestly, I have noticed that a lot of the older/orginal fans have begun to shrink in numbers. There are many reasons, no its not due to their music IButch finally left).
When Your Wisdom is Your Wallet You Can Kiss Your Ass Goodbye
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:55 am

this poster is cool

S,S,FH is totally not cool
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:06 am

dreamingtree#41 wrote:As a life long DMB Fan, and music art collector, which includes DMB Prints. I need to say something to both the EB community, and some of the DMB Fans on here. First, a little background about myself. I started listening to DMB in 1994, and my first show was on December 30, 1996. Since then I have seen DMB from SPAC (East Coast) to Golden Gate Park (West Coast) (no, not just those two shows), and have over 1,400 different DMB, D+T, D+F, Dave Solo, Dave Radio, and other random shows. No, I am not that person who only listens to DMB. I went through a short Metal Phase for a few years listened to Hed Pe, Revielle, Machine Head, Slipknot, Taproot, Sevendust, White Zombie, Deftones, and even Bio Hazard quickly come to mind. After my Metal Phase I went back to not only DMB, but Blues Traveler, PGroove, Xaiver Rudd, Ben Harper, Tea Leaf Green, O.A.R., Galatic, STS9, and SCI are the 1st to pop in my head. Furthermore, both Tool and Rage Against the Machine have had a major impact on my life, and have changed the way that I think and view the world. I estimtate that I have gone to around 150 non DMB concerts, give or take, and have seen hundreds of bands other than DMB. My point is that even though DMB is still my favorite band, and has been for years, expect for my "angry years", I understand the differnce between raitional and irrational.

As a DMB fan, I want to apolgize to the EB community for some of my fellow DMB fans that can tend to be irrational at times. Personally, I can understand how Scranton 2008 and Berkekely 2008 of the Flower Series won Art of the Week. First, Scranton deserves it for being most likely the best DMB print of 2008,not only because it looks great, but because of its signifagance. At least to me, it assured me that Methane was going to put out a great run of DMB prints for the 2008 Summer Tour, which Methane did. Each print represented somethinig signifagant from the city. Also, it was the 1st time with DMB Prints that there was going to be a series of 5 prints, one for each of the member's instrument. Finally, Berekely represents not only the Sax (the instrument that Leori Moore played), but was released on his birthday. However, personally I would have leaned toward Bristow because (1) its style is different from Scranton (2) LeRoi's last show (3) better art than an image of a sax. The print has a rustic brown tone with a wooden house, not in the best condition, by itself expect for the tree that has no leaves (I will not explain what its Civil War meanining is). Whenever I look at it, I feel alone/isolated/ that something is missing. But, each is own.

However, I am trying to understand why Noblesville N2 was voted AOW. Budich's drawing of Dave Matthews is a pretty damn good drawing, but the image is copied. There are quite a few pictures and drawings of this image, only the colors are different. This is the one drawing that won AOW that blows my mind because it is not orginal. Both Toronto and Rothbury are decent prints, but it is not art. It is a nice image printned on paper. The Dancing Nancy Image has been used in prints before Toronto, Roseland 2005 quickly comes to mind. I have never figured out what is special about Rothbury to win AOW. Last but not least, is Bridgeview. Honestly, besides Scranton, this is the only other DMB print for 2008 that I feel deserves AOW. Great idea to use a Gangster to represent Chicago, but what makes the print is the Dave Matthews Band letters in the Smoke. Also, the overall tone is not plesant, the gangster looks like he is a bit upset. Most DMB prints have a "happy" tone to them. Please correct me if I am wrong but, Chicago 2008 is the only one that has letters/names hidden within an image (Please dont say DMB is on the Hershey Bar, Cracker Jack Box, or on a Hotel Sign. I am trying to refer back to when Emek hide the DMB letters in the Giesha's sleeve in 2004, and could only be seen close up, just like the DMB in the smoke looks like smoke far away).

I dont know why 7 DMB Methane 2008 prints won AOW, moreso when 3 of them are basically the same. I understand that there is some DMB clique that came over from another site, but if this ya'lls best opinion of art that was released in 2008, then please go back to whatever DMB site you came from because since June seven DMB prints won AOW, or roughly 25% of the AOW winners are DMB Prints, Emek does not even win that much. Is the purpose of these DMB prints winning AOW to increase their value so you can make more money if you flip them? Ya'll are given a bad name to some of the DMB fans that dont believe some of these prints deserved AOW. Not only are the regular members on this site becoming tired of this trend, but I as a DMB fan is embarrssed that this is conisdered to be some of the "Top Music Art".

I just want to speak for myself about the following. For those fellow EBeaners that read this, and are becoming upset with the amount of DMB AOW wins try to remember that not all DMB fans are like this. For those that dont follow DMB on a regular basis, I have noticed a new generation of DMB Fans begining to emerge. I have well over 1 TB of just music related to DMB, and have begun passing it down to a younger generation through bit torrents. Most of the newer fans started either with the 2004 or 2005 Summer Tour,and these kids are either about to finish High School or are just starting college. Therefore, they are around 16 to early 20's. As a result, when Under the Table and Dreaming was released these "new fans" were around 3 to 8 years old. Honestly, I have noticed that a lot of the older/orginal fans have begun to shrink in numbers. There are many reasons, no its not due to their music IButch finally left).
I'll have what he's having :pint: