If Only You were Here 08 Kawasaki

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
baxterpop
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:17 pm

I sat down at 2:55 (TX time) it was supposed to go on sale at 3:00 (TX time) and by 3:15 I knew I was was sold out. I really prefer this server opposed to other servers out there at least I didnt waste 8 hours or 3 days trying to get a print and not get it.

mad props to her web guru guy.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:39 pm

soma wrote: as for the order then print it scheme - we might do another time-limited-edition but audrey doesn't want flood the market with open editions.
will we see this as an ipod / macbook gelaskin?
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:06 pm

soma wrote:
sabotage wrote:
etched wrote:how did this go so quick, doubt the 150 went in 20 secs wtf
I don't. There were probably ten times that amount trying for this worldwide. If their server could accommodate 150 sales in 20 seconds then I bet they sold 150 prints in 20 seconds.
this is basically exactly what happened. :(

the shopping cart worked perfectly this time, but the server crashed for having too many hits at the same moment (even though we warned the host this was coming up and they said it was no problem). we will be getting a dedicated server before the next sale.

sorry for those of you who didn't make it.
For curiosity's sake, how many were put on sale today?
soma
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:53 pm

130 prints were put on sale yesterday with the remaining 20 being promised to a few galleries. there are 15 APs in this edition that all belong to audrey.
sabotage
Art Expert

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:03 pm

From UPS email:
Delivery Date / Time: 11-August-2008 / 12:29 PM
Driver Release Location: FRONT DOOR
:shock:
Oh fudge. Gotta get home. My neighborhood can be sketchy.
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:36 am

Whoever contacted me about Outre Gallery, here's the deal: I think the odds were probably about a million to one.

"Hello, you are receiving this email because you have asked to be put on the waiting list for works by Audrey Kawasaki.

We have 2 pieces available at this time.

The first piece is ‘Tear Me’ 18.5x22” framed size presented in a beautiful thick natural blonde wood frame with hand beeswax finishing and a crisp white mat. Signed and numbered, sold out edition of 150. Priced at $350.
Image can be seen here (note though that the frame on ours is different to what you see here):
http://www.outregallery.com/browse.aspx?Category=165

The second, larger piece is ‘If only You Were Here‘ 32x33” framed size also presented in the sameblonde wood frame and crisp white mat. Signed and numbered, sold out edition of 150. Priced at $750. Image here:
http://www.audrey-kawasaki.com/gallerie ... 333&page=1

All prices include these custom frames and GST.

We have three of each of these amazingly beautiful pieces available. They can be viewed in the flesh at our Melbourne gallery.... we are offering this to both Melbourne and Sydney customers though
However due to the overwhelming popularity of Kawasaki’s work at present we at Outré have decided to only fair way to sell these pieces is by email lottery.
If you would like to enter this lottery we ask firstly that you do so only with a genuine intention to buy. Secondly you will need to email us on (and only on) Wednesday September 17th between 9am and 4pm with your name, contact phone number, your city and the title of the piece you want to buy ONLY in the Subject Header of your email. (We will not be opening these emails).
Apologies for the re-scheduled timing of this for all of those who have been waiting - we have been having e-mail troubles this week.

We will then assign each email a number to be drawn randomly out of a hat.
One email per person per piece!
If your number comes up we expect you to be contactable to make a payment within 3 days of the lottery.

If you miss out this time DON’T DESPAIR! We will be having a showcase of Kawasaki’s in early 2009 with plenty more work available to buy.
More details here:

http://www.outregallery.com/browse.aspx?Category=165

All emails received of the 17th will automatically be entered into our Audrey Kawasaki Database for future updates.

best wishes,
Outré Gallery crew"

Call me MF Han Solo Baby! "Never Tell Me The Odds!"

Scored 1 of 3 framed "If only You Were Here" for $750 AUS ($600 US)

Here's the news for Feb 2009 - There will be an exclusive print only available from them.

AUDREY KAWASAKI EXHIBITION FEBRUARY 2009

Outré are proud to announce a forthcoming Australian exhibition with the wonderful Audrey Kawasaki.

We'll be showing one glorious original painting and a selection of rarer, sold out artist-proof prints. We will also be releasing an exclusive print of a new work.
Your Australian Poster Guy
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:39 pm

No more PMs about reserving the exclusive print thanks.

List full
Your Australian Poster Guy
automator
Nobody

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:34 am

New image If Only You Were Here 08 Kawasaki

automator
Nobody

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:34 am

New image If Only You Were Here 08 Kawasaki