Pearl Jam Boston II 08 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:51 am

This topic is dedicated to: Pearl Jam Boston II 08 Ames

restlesssoul
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:52 am

awesome....love the color change, the continuation of the whale theme is cool too, i was at 06 and this would look great as a set. too bad i wasnt there this time around.
veevala
mpimp77
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:17 am

I was hoping for a different color scheme all together. Still pretty good.
God loves Pearl Jam
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:20 am

yea, better than night I. Glad they kept the water and sailor boat the same. I feel like there's an excess of green at the bottom.
moemoe6434
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:31 am

mpimp77 wrote:I was hoping for a different color scheme all together.
mightyvols

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:39 am

Definately like that color better, as my name would suggest. GO BIG ORANGE!!!! Still not a huge fan of this print tho.
rssesq
Art Expert

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:51 am

better show than the night before. poster sold out a little quicker than the previous night.

SATANS BED was played
morecoffee
Art Expert

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:03 am

I thought the octopus was going to be greenish in color. I like their choice of orange over green. I love the image and I hope they use the theme again next year.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:07 am

rssesq wrote:SATANS BED was played
:rock:
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 am

morecoffee wrote:I thought the octopus was going to be greenish in color. I like their choice of orange over green. I love the image and I hope they use the theme again next year.
Yeah, I kinda like the recurring theme of the sailor in danger... What else can we do to him? Put him in a big wave next time...
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
rssesq
Art Expert

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 am

morecoffee wrote:I thought the octopus was going to be greenish in color. I like their choice of orange over green. I love the image and I hope they use the theme again next year.
it reminded me of a bottle of TANG.
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:47 am

Cool show had a blast, I don't think Eddie even sang the first 2 lines to betterman, as the crowd was just singing the whole thing, pretty crazy/funny. They play Bee-Girl and the whole crowd was just kinda saying, wtf is that lol. Not surprising though alot of young folks and hey, they don't even really play music videos anymore, let alone the blind melon one that girl is in. Here is a pic of mcready's pick that they threw out at the end of the show, one of the girls I went up with snagged it, she was 2nd row. It had another dog on the back and said mccready.

pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:50 am

phishbeatles wrote:Cool show had a blast, I don't think Eddie even sang the first 2 lines to betterman, as the crowd was just singing the whole thing, pretty crazy/funny. They play Bee-Girl and the whole crowd was just kinda saying, wtf is that lol. Not surprising though alot of young folks and hey, they don't even really play music videos anymore, let alone the blind melon one that girl is in. Here is a pic of mcready's pick that they threw out at the end of the show, one of the girls I went up with snagged it, she was 2nd row. It had another dog on the back and said mccready.

Yeah, at MSG he barely sang betterman at all... usually I take a piss break during betterman, but not at the garden.
AZKemp
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:02 am

sk8nshoot1 wrote:
Yeah, I kinda like the recurring theme of the sailor in danger... What else can we do to him? Put him in a big wave next time...
Maybe Ames could commission Dan Mcarthy to make a poster where the octopus and whale are fighting and paste in the sailor guy in his boat; caught up in the maelstrom.
...or the sailor has lost his boat and is floating in water filled with deadly pirhanna, done by Jay Ryan.

They need to do something exciting to sell these posters. :wink:
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:14 am

pjtaper wrote:
rssesq wrote:SATANS BED was played
:rock:
Yeah that was a cool song to play, I remember when it used to be labled, "already in love" on alot of boots back in the day before it was officially released.