Pearl Jam NYC II 08 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ill
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:00 pm

god, I guess it sold out in 1 second because that's how long it took to click add to cart and it never added.
phillefour
Art Connoisseur

did anyone get one from bpp?
arodri70
Art Expert

it was up....I hit add to cart and then a window came up and said I could not add b/c it was out of stock
moemoe6434
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:01 pm

ill wrote:god, I guess it sold out in 1 second because that's how long it took to click add to cart and it never added.
same here, i clicked close and then it told me there were not any left.
PJ_Lukin
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Da-yum.... .0000001 seconds and it sold out.
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 pm

moemoe6434 wrote:gone
That was fast...
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
rssesq
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm glad i got one at the show cuz this went so fast on bigp, i think they just added it to their site with the "out of stock" posted from jumpstreet
PJ_Lukin
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Saw the add to cart button and it was out by the time my screen bumped over. I mean less than 1 second. WOW.
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:05 pm

rssesq wrote:I'm glad i got one at the show cuz this went so fast on bigp, i think they just added it to their site with the "out of stock" posted from jumpstreet
Possible, LOL did anyone actually see a buy button?
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
nevadinova
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:06 pm

Can we finally all agree that this Ames sub is actually pretty decent?
ill
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:07 pm

nevadinova wrote:Can we finally all agree that this Ames sub is actually pretty decent?
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that given past performance there's still no way in hell I'd have taken the chance.
coreystack
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:11 pm

carljwiii wrote:We showed up @ 4:30 - 1 hour before gates opened. Sat in a huge line with about 500 other fans.

5:00- they hand out wristbands- not to get the posters but to differentiate between the people who waited 1 hour before gates open. You would assume they had an orderly way of doing this- you would be wrong. Everyone pushed and shoved to get the stupid bracelets.

5:30- They let people 50 at a time into the doors to go to the booths. Again- Madness ensues and the friends made throughout the hour become enemies- obstacles that stand in the way between you and a stupid poster. My friend was with me and couldnt get over how rediculous it was. People getting pushed/shoved.......

5:45- We get to the stand and people are cutting everywhere and jockeying for position. Lots of elbows and crying about being next in line.

5:50- The poster gates outside basically crash and a rush of people slam the merchant booths. I finally get to the stand with my buddy to get the 2nd wristband which allows me to get the coveted poster. I cant get out of line because everyone is busy pushing forward because bands are low. As I push my way out- 2 guys (people i was bullshitting and laughing with in line) freak out and push me back and ask me if i want to start something.

About 6:00 - Stand 1 sold out and a huge rush moves to stand 2 which sells out shortly after.
So you wasted an hour and a half of your life herded in like cattle (and I presume left work early), put up with all the BS, nearly got in a fight, and holding your blatter, just so you could pay $25 for a bracelet so you could deal with lines again later after the show for a poster of bunny rabbits you'll be able to pick up on ebay for $100 in two weeks?

Seriously, you must enjoy the lines, right, its ok to admit it.
Last edited by coreystack on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rssesq
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 pm

nevadinova wrote:Can we finally all agree that this Ames sub is actually pretty decent?
if it wernt for the Roo psoters it would have been an AMAZING SUB. as it stands, it was a smart buy for a really good sub... so far :wink:
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:38 pm

First time ever at MSG, went to both shows ... they were great shows, the crowd was certainly electric, sound was good ... that said, now that I've had the chance to experience it, people are a little too insane about MSG. Probably just as insane as I am about any PJ show in the Boston area (which, is where I am now eagerly waiting for Saturday and Monday).

Night 1 had the more consistant, straight forward PJ set ... agreed on the ending, Watchtower and Indifference are fantatic closers ... (Watchtower was better in SF in 06 though).

Garden last night was amazing, but, the huge highlight .... 3 words ... ACE - FUKKIN - FREHLEY. Wow ... the Vic may have had Black Diamond first, but, last night was an epic performance ... that was a special treat, for me at least.

Posters - didn't even bother. Agree with Lou, if it ain't easy, I'm not worrying about it night of show ... I'll get my posters elsewhere, 10c sales are pretty easy as long as you wait them out ... the MSG crowds were far to fanatical over good, not great, posters.

See y'all in Mansfield .... (I'm sittin' Hartford out)
sasquatch
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:44 pm

rssesq wrote:
if it wernt for the Roo psoters it would have been an AMAZING SUB. as it stands, it was a smart buy for a really good sub... so far :wink:
Love the Roo posters.
Love the sub so far.