Pearl Jam NYC II 08 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 am

This topic is dedicated to: Pearl Jam NYC II 08 Ames

niconude
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:37 am

Best of the two.. The red sky fits the hunting theme better. Blood 8)
I will swallow poison
untill I grow immune
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:39 am

Set List:
Release, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, All Night (with guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Cropduster, Garden, Marker, I'm Open, Wishlist, State Of Love And Trust, Even Flow, Who You Are (with guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Rats, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Go

Encore 1:
Inside Job, W.m.a.-(With guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), LUKIN, I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES with guest C.J. Ramone playing bass guitar (Ramone, Ray), Better Man/save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling), Rearviewmirror

Encore 2:
No More, Last Kiss (Cochran), Why Go, Black Diamond (Stanley) w/Matt Cameron & Mike McCready lead vocals with guest guitar player Ace Frehley, guest vocalists Fonzi Thorton, Arif St. Michael, Vaneese Thomas), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

(Source: PJ Message Pit)

:rockin:
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
jimrip
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:49 am

Anyone know what time the AP's go on sale (pacific time)?
mpimp77
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:16 am

jimrip wrote:Anyone know what time the AP's go on sale (pacific time)?
good luck
God loves Pearl Jam
jimrip
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:22 am

mpimp77 wrote:
jimrip wrote:Anyone know what time the AP's go on sale (pacific time)?
good luck
I need a time..
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:26 am

even if you know the time, you'll still need the luck more than anything else
jimrip
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:29 am

quite cryptic!
thunderFence
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 am

10 in the am pacific
scream and wail.... see who cares
jimrip
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:34 am

thunderFence wrote:10 in the am pacific
THANK YOU
carljwiii
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:00 am

We showed up @ 4:30 - 1 hour before gates opened. Sat in a huge line with about 500 other fans.

5:00- they hand out wristbands- not to get the posters but to differentiate between the people who waited 1 hour before gates open. You would assume they had an orderly way of doing this- you would be wrong. Everyone pushed and shoved to get the stupid bracelets.

5:30- They let people 50 at a time into the doors to go to the booths. Again- Madness ensues and the friends made throughout the hour become enemies- obstacles that stand in the way between you and a stupid poster. My friend was with me and couldnt get over how rediculous it was. People getting pushed/shoved.......

5:45- We get to the stand and people are cutting everywhere and jockeying for position. Lots of elbows and crying about being next in line.

5:50- The poster gates outside basically crash and a rush of people slam the merchant booths. I finally get to the stand with my buddy to get the 2nd wristband which allows me to get the coveted poster. I cant get out of line because everyone is busy pushing forward because bands are low. As I push my way out- 2 guys (people i was bullshitting and laughing with in line) freak out and push me back and ask me if i want to start something.

About 6:00 - Stand 1 sold out and a huge rush moves to stand 2 which sells out shortly after.
ApfelGeld
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:09 am

Opsret locctosler vorde em ensina
sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 am

I'd be interested in seeing what happened to their ticket sales if they just stopped selling posters. You'd hope there wasn't an effect, but I bet there wouldn't be as many traveling from night to night.

Just a thought.
niconude
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:01 am

1st_mammal_ wrote:I'd be interested in seeing what happened to their ticket sales if they just stopped selling posters. You'd hope there wasn't an effect, but I bet there wouldn't be as many traveling from night to night.

Just a thought.
That is a thought yes. It will probably not have a big effect as pj has a very good live reputation, but im sure there would be a small impact for sure!
I will swallow poison
untill I grow immune
rssesq
Art Expert

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:18 am

another incredible Garden show. and they played the orig version of Garden atthe garden and a few more they hadnt played all tour.

poster kicks ass. Definately a tribute to east lansing(blue) and missoula(red) 98' posters