Rothbury Festival 08 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:40 am

Why do I get the feeling that someone is this thread has a double i.d ?

just a funny feeling I have...............
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:40 am

downbytheriver wrote:i believe you gentleman are correct. 5 of the 6 hundred went to Michigan and the other 100 are already"sold" to subscribers.

anyone get a doodled one? mine had a peace sign over the number...looks like he had to break out his eraser on it and felt guilty about it or something.
bootleg :lol:
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
Digs
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 pm

My friend told me the guy in front of him bought 20 - cash. Thats $1700.00. Ebay user "meanmrfandango" has 6 on eBay right now. I hope people who really love the art are able to get one, and since the market is currently flooded it looks like many will be able to. But what does that do to our poster's value? I personally base value on how much I like the artwork... but for some reason this is just pissing me off. There WAS a 1 Poster per Person limit at Rothbury but the people running merch didn't pay any attention to it.

So should I care? Should I be this damn frustrated over these flipping bastards who are raping the artist by making more than double what they made on the prints? Seeing this guy list all these on ebay has just pissed me off for some reason. Is there anyway to prevent this bullshit? And why am I so pissed? :twisted:
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:The prints sold out the 2nd day, its a HUGE print

Good EB'rs- you know the grateful way........................

Grateful.... Help me not visit Mr. Mean......

I'll kiss Ryan for ya! 8)
GrimGripper
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Chicago Midway was loaded with Rothbury goers on Monday, all clutching their poster tubes and waiting for their flights.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:53 pm

well I certainly wont claim to know anything about posterart or its valuation. I only like the art from shows i've personally attended...and even then it has to have some unique qualities else i still wont find it worth a hoot.

b'roo EVERY year is a prime example, its cr@p year after year. IMHO, Timothy Ripley's parkinglot art at bonaroo kicks the rest of its @$$. The MMJ print was the only one even mentioning - too bad I'm not a fan.

anyways, anyway u slice it there are still only 600 of these things (untill 20 different variants turn up) so i dont suppose it effects this print's value even if Fandingleberry holds all of them. simple economics should tell MeanFan that the fewer of these are in circulation, the more the demand and hence the higher their valuation.

why are you even complaining about double or triple the price from the show - FanMan paid what? 30 each for the 10klf prints last summer that really were, in my opinion pretty f'n sweet, and sold every one of them for 200+. thats eh, between 700% and 1000% profit dependant upon sale price. Sheeps man, the coolest thing about Rothbury was the shows, the venue, the all-corn made "plastic" cups/utinsels/plates and food containers that were all corn. The awesome weather. The meetings of the minds to discuss where the world and we as human beings were headed was pretty f'm interesting.

The Emek was just O.K. for me and the $85 tag at the show was inordinately steep...hopefully some $ went to some decent cause. The Revolutionary war era "canon"/magical musical machine used on this print to represent a revolutionary music festival was a good one I have to admit!

Woods Lenticular was entirely more fly and proceeds went to a good cause...yet noone even gives a sh!t 'cause it doesnt have the heir to the electric coolaid acid tests name scratched in the corner. ALL IS IMHO!
Last edited by downbytheriver on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Cool, so, I have the display print - it's not numbered but it's signed and listed as display by Emek - Not part of the 600 run right? I.e. Ultra Rare Shizz? It's mint.
mbrennan
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:06 pm

that is funny they tried to give me a house copy and I gave it back

why? i dunno
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:06 pm

definately! yours is part of the "display" variant, the first variant to surface in a week! Awesome! Maybe it should be the "POP" variant...point of purchase there right?!
pi3rce42
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:49 pm

downbytheriver wrote: b'roo EVERY year is a prime example, its cr@p year after year. IMHO, Timothy Ripley's parkinglot art at bonaroo kicks the rest of its @$$.
Well said! Ripley is very underrated, hope he can do prints fulltime soon....
don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things...
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:29 am

pi3rce42 wrote:
downbytheriver wrote: b'roo EVERY year is a prime example, its cr@p year after year. IMHO, Timothy Ripley's parkinglot art at bonaroo kicks the rest of its @$$.
I walked many a lot at the Roo and never ran across his stuff all the years I was there, bummer.

Tripp was at Rothbury, anybody post that print ?
willg
Art Expert

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:24 am

pi3rce42 wrote:

I think people appreciate his talent but are turned off by the fact that he doesn't produce silkscreens.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Mods- please correct my recent sale entry- the print was in mint condition and was not damaged- thanks
mbrennan
Art Expert

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:18 pm

why are you adding ones you sold for face? just wondering?
If I added a sale for every friend brought a poster home for from shows my fingers would be bleeding
mbrennan
Art Expert

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:24 pm

and fixed