WKY 08 We Kill You

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Show+Tell

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks for the positive response about the print so far!

Several people on pp.com were made aware of this print release and upload via private message and I thank them for voting for the piece.

About the artist:
We Kill You is a young street artist from Toronto. His inspiration comes from the lack of color and fun in everyday city life. His wheat pastes are clever and colorful and often poke fun at "serious society". WKY is his first print release and we are all very excited about it. If you like it you can purchase it for $50 at http://www.showandtellgallery.com. As Flimby said we are a young gallery and do appreciate the support. Show & Tell was founded in 2008 as a way for Canadian contemporary and street artists to showcase their work on a larger scale; S&T is as much of an artist collective as it is a gallery. We are located in Toronto, so if you are local and want to come check out the space please feel free to get in touch.
Show+Tell

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:33 pm

We Kill You Street Pieces
Show+Tell

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 pm

more...
dtak
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:51 pm

Is it "Show & Tell", "Show + Tell" or "Show and Tell"?
Thanks in advance :wink:
Some folks think, that their role in life, is to fail at everything they try
coleslaw
Art Expert

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:22 pm

“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
deeromicus
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:31 pm

If S+T can get art of the week from having enough friends pm'd that were willing to help out I say more power to them (I was too late on the message to help). Vote more often if you are not comfortable with that result. I doubt that the majority of EB users were asked to check it out.

Congrats S+T
Show+Tell

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:48 am

dtak wrote:Is it "Show & Tell", "Show + Tell" or "Show and Tell"?
Thanks in advance :wink:
haha, its Show & Tell but on many websites you cant use an ampersand in a user name. :crazy: :D
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:05 am

Congrats to WKY for the AOW award, it's good to see new artists represented. But, more importantly, kudos and congrats to Show & Tell gallery for doing what galleries are supposed to do: successfully promote their artists.
Congrats once again to all involved and a sincere welcome to S+T.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:25 am

ryefish75 wrote:Congrats to WKY for the AOW award, it's good to see new artists represented. But, more importantly, kudos and congrats to Show & Tell gallery for doing what galleries are supposed to do: successfully promote their artists.
Congrats once again to all involved and a sincere welcome to S+T.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:37 am

Pfffffffffft, I didnt get any message. Thanks, Simon! :roll: :wink: (kidding)

This print is George W. Bush and PP.com is Florida.

BOOYA
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
melttheguns
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:42 am

guyforget wrote:Pfffffffffft, I didnt get any message. Thanks, Simon! :roll: :wink: (kidding)

This print is George W. Bush and PP.com is Florida.

BOOYA
you mean flordia, right? :lol:
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:45 am

Damn your wit Bruce, damn you witty wits to hell!

(Good call, Flordia for sure)
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
kingofprussia
Art Expert

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:37 pm

good for the artist for aotw. however, this is the first time in years i've ever been surprised by a winner. 99.99% of the time I'm aware of the piece before it wins. that's not saying i'm privy to every piece out there and i'm by no means an expert but this smells fishy. sorry.
thesavageguy
Art Expert

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:39 pm

yeah, weak sauce
walterfredo
Art Expert

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:42 pm

come on folks, it's only EB AOTW, the world will not stop.

I like it.