Pearl Jam Virginia Beach 08 Klausen

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:00 pm

sasquatch wrote:Just curious: Where are all the Ames haters who were criticizing the Columbia poster for using someone else's art as a template. Isn't that what's happening here?
My first thought when I saw this was--"blatant poaching of McCarthy"
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:03 pm

OtisMcfluster wrote:
sasquatch wrote:Just curious: Where are all the Ames haters who were criticizing the Columbia poster for using someone else's art as a template. Isn't that what's happening here?
The squid and the whale is a legendary tale and artist's have depicted this for centuries. For someone to think this poster was a "blatant poaching of McCarthy" or any other artist either shows inexperience in life or ignorance.
piomba
Art Expert

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:15 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
OtisMcfluster wrote:
The squid and the whale is a legendary tale and artist's have depicted this for centuries. For someone to think this poster was a "blatant poaching of McCarthy" or any other artist either shows inexperience in life or ignorance.
although a little harsh, i must agree. research.
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:16 pm

Harsh and Elitist
Your Australian Poster Guy
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:02 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
OtisMcfluster wrote:
Please, teach me more Rabbi.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 pm

You cannot teach what cannot be taught....
latetotheshow
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:10 am

Don't leave the seat up.
rssesq
Art Expert

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:25 am

OK show! great poster! got mineZZZ after the show ended. no bracelet needed, hence multis's. :lol: :lol:
my2hands
Art Expert

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:21 am

rssesq wrote:OK show! great poster! got mineZZZ after the show ended. no bracelet needed, hence multis's. :lol: :lol:
how did that work out? no bracelt for this show? there were that mnay left after the show that you could buy multiples?
rssesq
Art Expert

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:25 am

my2hands wrote:
rssesq wrote:OK show! great poster! got mineZZZ after the show ended. no bracelet needed, hence multis's. :lol: :lol:
how did that work out? no bracelt for this show? there were that mnay left after the show that you could buy multiples?
cuz im sooooo good lookin. :lol:
thunderDAN
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:12 am

my2hands wrote:

Poster sold out at the main merch stand before KoL took that stage. I was one of the last 3 people to get one and I waited in line to get into the venue for about 45 minutes. The people that got more than one got them from other people at the show and not because there were leftovers. I saw people waiting in the merch line get turned away because they sold out of braclets
recycler
Art Expert

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:57 pm

coreystack wrote:I don't get it. I think this is pretty weak. Especially compared to other bk efforts.

Way too busy for my taste. But i'm not really into fish posters. (Though that shark one was pretty cool).
maybe the colors rock, but the more i look at it the less i like...
Brutus1

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:16 pm

The metallic in it is insane
dangerboy
Flipper

Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:18 am

thunderDAN wrote:
my2hands wrote:

Poster sold out at the main merch stand before KoL took that stage. I was one of the last 3 people to get one and I waited in line to get into the venue for about 45 minutes. The people that got more than one got them from other people at the show and not because there were leftovers. I saw people waiting in the merch line get turned away because they sold out of braclets
this is wrong. the main merch stand may have sold out, but the "lake" stand, in the concession area off stone's side of the venue had a big stack left after the show.
100pacer
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:59 am

Love it. Looks better every time I stare at it. Perhaps the most unique Klausen to date.