Audioslave LA 05 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pne...umonia
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:04 pm

Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:42 pm

I could use about 10 foils of this one.
User avatar
jimrip
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:30 pm

how much would you be willing to spend for one
rssesq
Art Expert
Posts: 3344
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Southern CT

Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 am

turnJBup wrote:
norbyjake wrote:
turnJBup wrote:Actually there are three foils.... or at least I have one that says # 1/3.
There are only 2 Pixies foil....
Mine is numbered out of 2. My guess is that one of the three might have had some damage (emek had to do some touch up work on mine), so he numbered out of 2 initially. It could be he made some repairs to the third, and numbered it out of 3, as three were obviously printed. Just a guess.
his runs are an enigma wrapped in a riddle. not unlike the regular dove version and the dove versions of the 1st ed. (??????)

no worries he'll prolly drop candy cane and pink v's in a minute. (See Janes Addic poster)
User avatar
jenga
Art Expert
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:00 am

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:31 pm

There are some variants for sale at RGG.. only £700 ($1400 ish)
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:00 am

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:09 am

rssesq wrote:
turnJBup wrote:
norbyjake wrote:
turnJBup wrote:Actually there are three foils.... or at least I have one that says # 1/3.
There are only 2 Pixies foil....
Mine is numbered out of 2. My guess is that one of the three might have had some damage (emek had to do some touch up work on mine), so he numbered out of 2 initially. It could be he made some repairs to the third, and numbered it out of 3, as three were obviously printed. Just a guess.
his runs are an enigma wrapped in a riddle. not unlike the regular dove version and the dove versions of the 1st ed. (??????)

no worries he'll prolly drop candy cane and pink v's in a minute. (See Janes Addic poster)
400 regular edition posters were printed for the 10,000 Lakes Festival, and 200 Dove edition were printed for Emek. 40 of the regular edition posters were badly damaged, so Emek sent 40 of his to the Festival. They weren't regular edition posters because they had a dove on them, so they had to be named something. Actual numbers are,

360 Regular Edition
160 Dove Edition
40 Regular Dove Edition
User avatar
morecoffee
Art Expert
Posts: 1408
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:16 am

Any chance a full view of the foil variant could be uploaded to the gallery?
It's an awesome looking poster, but from the pics here, It doesn't look like much of the foil "paper" shows through the ink. I thought it would look more reflective...like some of Emek's other foil variants.
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:00 am

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:22 am

Here's a jpeg. I deliberately tried to take a photo that did not reflect the surrounding colors. I don't really know if this is an improvement, or what you are looking for, but it's all I have.
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Very happy!
I just got this signed by Chris Cornell... and a harmonica too, he wrote "Times of Trouble" and I talked about his harp solo on that song, how great revelations is, how much everyone would love to have Audioslave back together, and didn't mention designer jeans... Sadly Timberland was stuck in traffic from the airport and I didn't want to wait around for him... I was also wondering how I was going to manage to not let him deface my EMEK poster....
He signed it huge too, and when he saw it he was like "Holy fudge!"
to which I replied "I love EMEK"
have a great weekend...
User avatar
benfrith
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:00 am
Contact:

Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:17 pm

pjtaper wrote:Very happy!
I just got this signed by Chris Cornell... and a harmonica too, he wrote "Times of Trouble" and I talked about his harp solo on that song, how great revelations is, how much everyone would love to have Audioslave back together, and didn't mention designer jeans... Sadly Timberland was stuck in traffic from the airport and I didn't want to wait around for him... I was also wondering how I was going to manage to not let him deface my EMEK poster....
He signed it huge too, and when he saw it he was like "Holy fudge!"
to which I replied "I love EMEK"
have a great weekend...
Really? How does it look? I hope he signed in the white at the bottom. Im surprised you'd let him sign it.
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Chris Cornell can sign wherever he wants on my print! I'm not going to flip it, and it's Chris Cornell!!!!
User avatar
edgar
Art Expert
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:00 am

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:24 pm

either that last sale is a type-o or electricdave1 just earned flipper of the quarter status!
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:31 pm

edgar wrote:either that last sale is a type-o or electricdave1 just earned flipper of the quarter status!
Seeing as the same #88 sold on 11/23 for just over $200... :wink:
Last edited by comountaingolf on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
Posts: 19927
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
Contact:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:40 pm

love this print.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

and for everything else under the sun; including fine art, art prints, toys and other junk....be sure to check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosfineart.com
User avatar
edgar
Art Expert
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:00 am

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:59 pm

jojobadass wrote:love this print.
Yeah. it's a stunner. but $675 worth of beautiful?

for a 1st?

I say type-o.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
User avatar
MattTheCraw
Art Expert
Posts: 2439
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:43 am

edgar wrote:either that last sale is a type-o or electricdave1 just earned flipper of the quarter status!
This from the horse's (ass') mouth: what a great guy :roll:

"THATS how you make a sale...emek Black Hole Sunblock #88. Still trying to sell yours?
Bought by me on ebay for $201 last month and sold today for $675 to someone who doesnt know about posters but is rich and
never heard of expresso beans. I told him it was a $1,000 poster.

i did the same thing with the same buyer on the emek badu speaker girl foil....go look them up.
and the guy came to my place to pick them up, paid in cash...no paypal no shipping no delivery no nada

both were dupes...i kept the clean copies

maybe you'll be able to sell your's now"
Your Australian Poster Guy
Post Reply