Progress 08 Hansen

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
blazedoutbee
Art Expert
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:00 am

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Hogan1 wrote:Are you guys fudge'n me? Youre discussing the value of these prints for short term profit..That's cool. By all means, do the public a favor, sell them all back to us at 500% profit. Everybody will be happy that way.
Forgive me, but i am not a art dealer, poster flipper, and not familiar with this market, but perhaps some outside opinion is needed here, an educated, logical opinion that considers all the variables involved. Number one variable: BARACK OBAMA is the President elect of the USA. W/out going into the details how, this is an event that (could) change History as we knew it. It will change the universal role of the USA, the world economy, social constructs, business, our kids, how campaigns are run, etc etc...basically every standard we knew will be raised and we have begun a new era, the words 'change, progress, hope...' however cliche, could not be more appropriate. It may happen slowly, but this moment is one that will command a healthy number of pages in the History books, Nay, this moment will ultimately affect all studies and their textbooks....ART included! As for the art that was used officially by his brilliant campaign, well...
There is absolutely no question that the OFFICIAL Obama campaign prints will increase exponentially in value far far into the future, into well after we are all gone. Demand for these prints is high, but wait until the supply gets thinned out into the hands of collectors, institutions, and the rest who just want to enjoy a piece of MAJOR historical value. Yes, the prices paid over time will rise, especially with only 5000, 1000, 150 Indiana's, etc out there. A handful of wealthy people that dont even know these exist, from around the world will eventually want a particular one, and 5000 dollars is pocket change for them. And there aint many prints out there to be had. Look at Indiana's 150 prints of HOPE, my god, he actually used 4 dif letters than L O V E, god bls him. Anyone want to tell us, (in more than a few clever words,) why those prints wont be worth 10,000 dollars in 2 years? OK, Hansen's PROGRESS, anybody want to argue a value of, say, 2500 dollars in 1-2 years? I wont go more than 4 years out b/c we dont know exactly what's going to happen, so sell a few, get your money back plus money to frame your favorites, stash the rest in proper archival storage, go about your business as usual, and chill.
Ultimately the value of these prints will be in their humble role in earth-shattering history, their beauty, to empowering the arts and artists out there, and in the minds of their loving owners. You cant put price tags on that kind of good stuff...But for those who eventually do, enjoy that European vacation!
:clap:
User avatar
boatingbenny
Art Expert
Posts: 3388
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:00 am

Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:50 pm

blazedoutbee wrote:
Hogan1 wrote:Are you guys fudge'n me? Youre discussing the value of these prints for short term profit..That's cool. By all means, do the public a favor, sell them all back to us at 500% profit. Everybody will be happy that way.
Forgive me, but i am not a art dealer, poster flipper, and not familiar with this market, but perhaps some outside opinion is needed here, an educated, logical opinion that considers all the variables involved. Number one variable: BARACK OBAMA is the President elect of the USA. W/out going into the details how, this is an event that (could) change History as we knew it. It will change the universal role of the USA, the world economy, social constructs, business, our kids, how campaigns are run, etc etc...basically every standard we knew will be raised and we have begun a new era, the words 'change, progress, hope...' however cliche, could not be more appropriate. It may happen slowly, but this moment is one that will command a healthy number of pages in the History books, Nay, this moment will ultimately affect all studies and their textbooks....ART included! As for the art that was used officially by his brilliant campaign, well...
There is absolutely no question that the OFFICIAL Obama campaign prints will increase exponentially in value far far into the future, into well after we are all gone. Demand for these prints is high, but wait until the supply gets thinned out into the hands of collectors, institutions, and the rest who just want to enjoy a piece of MAJOR historical value. Yes, the prices paid over time will rise, especially with only 5000, 1000, 150 Indiana's, etc out there. A handful of wealthy people that dont even know these exist, from around the world will eventually want a particular one, and 5000 dollars is pocket change for them. And there aint many prints out there to be had. Look at Indiana's 150 prints of HOPE, my god, he actually used 4 dif letters than L O V E, god bls him. Anyone want to tell us, (in more than a few clever words,) why those prints wont be worth 10,000 dollars in 2 years? OK, Hansen's PROGRESS, anybody want to argue a value of, say, 2500 dollars in 1-2 years? I wont go more than 4 years out b/c we dont know exactly what's going to happen, so sell a few, get your money back plus money to frame your favorites, stash the rest in proper archival storage, go about your business as usual, and chill.
Ultimately the value of these prints will be in their humble role in earth-shattering history, their beauty, to empowering the arts and artists out there, and in the minds of their loving owners. You cant put price tags on that kind of good stuff...But for those who eventually do, enjoy that European vacation!
:clap:
Until he screws the pooch somehow and the public turns against him. In that case you better fill up the station wagon and book a Motel 6 because your European vacation wont happen,
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:04 pm

And the American people have nobody to blame but themselves. The Consumerist nature of Americans on a credit basis has caught up to them. They would have needed to be responsible for it one day or another. It is best to take care of this asap and I am happy that Barack is taking the lead. Our dependence on foreign imports is destroying us. You're right, life may be more difficult and we will not have the luxuries so ready available like in the past. I don't mind. One persons downturn is another persons opportunity. Energy independence and financial responsibility is fundamental for long term growth and a prosperous country. I welcome the change even if it hurts for the short term. What's more important? The future generations? Or you week of annual vacation in the French Riviera.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 7996
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:09 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:And the American people have nobody to blame but themselves. The Consumerist nature of Americans on a credit basis has caught up to them. They would have needed to be responsible for it one day or another. It is best to take care of this asap and I am happy that Barack is taking the lead. Our dependence on foreign imports is destroying us. You're right, life may be more difficult and we will not have the luxuries so ready available like in the past. I don't mind. One persons downturn is another persons opportunity. Energy independence and financial responsibility is fundamental for long term growth and a prosperous country. I welcome the change even if it hurts for the short term. What's more important? The future generations? Or you week of annual vacation in the French Riviera.
I heart this post
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
twilight77
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Underneath the waves

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:16 pm


There is some inspired debate in the comment section below this video...
hirschy75 wrote:And twilight you can kiss my ass.
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10783
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:34 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:And the American people have nobody to blame but themselves. The Consumerist nature of Americans on a credit basis has caught up to them. They would have needed to be responsible for it one day or another. It is best to take care of this asap and I am happy that Barack is taking the lead. Our dependence on foreign imports is destroying us. You're right, life may be more difficult and we will not have the luxuries so ready available like in the past. I don't mind. One persons downturn is another persons opportunity. Energy independence and financial responsibility is fundamental for long term growth and a prosperous country. I welcome the change even if it hurts for the short term. What's more important? The future generations? Or you week of annual vacation in the French Riviera.
I myself HOPE that Obama IS secretly a socialist :wink:

BTW got your PM.... no problem..... share the wealth :wink:
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Right on. Kdh12 is the best trader on the face of the planet.
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:20 pm

Seen these going for 275-325 today. glad i waited. some people thought these were gonna keep pace at 450-600. :roll:
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10783
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:31 am

fluffhead13 wrote:Right on. Kdh12 is the best trader on the face of the planet.
hardly the best, just have lots of extra fudge I don't need so I thought I would share
fluffhead13 wrote:Seen these going for 275-325 today. glad i waited. some people thought these were gonna keep pace at 450-600. :roll:
I know I sold one about 3 months ago for $150 for the quick cash and now I wish I would have waited
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:35 am

I hear ya. I sold like 4-5 of them for 159 about a month ago. I sold one too many and didnt have any left for myself. i didnt mean to do that and had to pay 300 for one. oh well. i think I completed my set of large Artists for Obama prints. Well, I paid for them all. Just waiting for the all to arrive now.
User avatar
ApfelGeld
Art Expert
Posts: 1986
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:24 pm

sunsetbrew wrote:We are all hype machines, even though we don't want to be.
kingofprussia wrote:The power of EB. It never ceases to amaze me.
tourist504 wrote:Poster collectors, baby. A force with which to be reckoned!!!
User avatar
KNEEL13
EB Team
Posts: 7896
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm
Location: Chicago area

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:33 pm

ApfelGeld wrote:Small edition available: :!:

http://store.barackobama.com/product_p/po29626.htm
I had to get this. I missed out on the first one.
User avatar
Caballero
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 696
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:34 pm
Location: Atlanta

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:44 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
ApfelGeld wrote:Small edition available: :!:

http://store.barackobama.com/product_p/po29626.htm
I had to get this. I missed out on the first one.
I got both. Hard to go wrong with Obama stuff.
User avatar
RupertPupkin
Art Expert
Posts: 6557
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Leeds, UK

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Anyone willing to pick this small one up for me? They won't ship to the UK because it's classed as a political donation.
Post Reply