Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds Seattle 08 Methane

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
DMBfan
Art Expert

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:33 am

thesavageguy wrote:
S,S,FH wrote:glad to see savage is not only ISO, but also selling on EB, as well as sell on ebay for $400 BIN. wow! what a swell guy.
Thought I'd take a page from your book.
Flipper fight! :rolling:
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:09 am

DMBfan wrote:
thesavageguy wrote:
S,S,FH wrote:glad to see savage is not only ISO, but also selling on EB, as well as sell on ebay for $400 BIN. wow! what a swell guy.
there is flipper, then there is THIS. sheeesh. 400 bucks for a 30 dollar poster just a few days later....not YEARS later... that is NUTS. and for a concert that was for "compassion". pretty sick. :poo:
Last edited by S,S,FH on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:15 am

DMBfan wrote:
thesavageguy wrote:
Is that like dolphin wrestling?
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 am

thesavageguy wrote:
your reading the wrong page. you should read the one where I sold 14 DMB Alpine 07's for face value. thats the page to read bud. :rock:
hawks10
Art Expert

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:47 am

S,S,FH wrote:
thesavageguy wrote:
your reading the wrong page. you should read the one where I sold 14 DMB Alpine 07's for face value. thats the page to read bud. :rock:
nevermind
thesavageguy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:44 am

If you had been paying closer attention you'd notice that the price had been dropped awhile ago. You'd also notice that I recently shelled out some cash for a lower numbered poster and thus the only reason I'm selling my copy.
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:46 am

thesavageguy wrote:If you had been paying closer attention you'd notice that the price had been dropped awhile ago. You'd also notice that I recently shelled out some cash for a lower numbered poster and thus the only reason I'm selling my copy.

awwww. just poking fun. no need to get butt hurt.
thesavageguy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:47 am

S,S,FH wrote:there is flipper, then there is THIS. sheeesh. 400 bucks for a 30 dollar poster just a few days later....not YEARS later... that is NUTS. and for a concert that was for "compassion". pretty sick. :poo:
This coming from the dude that got $1800 for a $50 poster before even receiving it in the mail?

What would Obama say?
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:06 am

thesavageguy wrote:
S,S,FH wrote:there is flipper, then there is THIS. sheeesh. 400 bucks for a 30 dollar poster just a few days later....not YEARS later... that is NUTS. and for a concert that was for "compassion". pretty sick. :poo:
This coming from the dude that got $1800 for a $50 poster before even receiving it in the mail?

What would Obama say?
im sorry. but something like that is no comparison to a concert that only sold 500 posters. where as the Obama had how many diff variations. not considering that poster was bid up where as this is a BIN. come on dude. no comparison.
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:21 am

thesavageguy wrote:If you had been paying closer attention you'd notice that the price had been dropped awhile ago. .
wow. a true gent right there. knocking it down from 400 to only 300 :roll:
thesavageguy
Art Expert

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:45 am

S,S,FH wrote:come on dude. no comparison.
You're right, you got me beat by a long shot.

In an attempt to steer this thread back toward what it SHOULD be about (the event and/or art), here were some highlights for me. The chatting with the Dalai Lama was entertaining. I dont quite know if anything revolutionary was said, but the man definately has a wonderful sense of humor (and yes, compassion). Dave definately seemed a slight bit nervous, as one would expect. Death Cab opening was a treat, definately won the crowd over as they played. Loved hearing them open with 405, which is easily one of my favorite songs from their catalog. Both performers played fairly short sets. Acoustic shows seem to best suit the Key Arena. For most concerts, this venue is not ideal for sound quality. The ultimate highlight for me had to be Tim Reynolds. I had never seen a full Dave & Tim show and the man is a true maestro at his craft. I could listen to 'You Are My Sanity' again and again, you could have heard a pin drop during that performance. It was even more quiet for 'Sister', as Dave had prefaced that his sister was actually somewhere in the audience. 'Cry Freedom' was a nice treat, with the exception of the drunk guy next to me yelling "YEEEEEEEEEES YES YES!" at the beginning. Event started at 4:30 and lasted until only about 9:30 I believe. Dave kept thanking the crowd for sticking with them for the 'long' event, but I have to think that he was more cheering on himself for keeping going, the crowd was ready and waiting for more. I poster art is at a level rarely seen on Dave Matthews related posters, in my opinion of course. Combine a Seattle icon with a female friendly nature and this has gained instant approval to go into a frame (once it arrives anyway).
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:48 am

thesavageguy wrote:
S,S,FH wrote:come on dude. no comparison.
You're right, you got me beat by a long shot.

In an attempt to steer this thread back toward what it SHOULD be about (the event and/or art), here were some highlights for me. The chatting with the Dalai Lama was entertaining. I dont quite know if anything revolutionary was said, but the man definately has a wonderful sense of humor (and yes, compassion). Dave definately seemed a slight bit nervous, as one would expect. Death Cab opening was a treat, definately won the crowd over as they played. Loved hearing them open with 405, which is easily one of my favorite songs from their catalog. Both performers played fairly short sets. Acoustic shows seem to best suit the Key Arena. For most concerts, this venue is not ideal for sound quality. The ultimate highlight for me had to be Tim Reynolds. I had never seen a full Dave & Tim show and the man is a true maestro at his craft. I could listen to 'You Are My Sanity' again and again, you could have heard a pin drop during that performance. It was even more quiet for 'Sister', as Dave had prefaced that his sister was actually somewhere in the audience. 'Cry Freedom' was a nice treat, with the exception of the drunk guy next to me yelling "YEEEEEEEEEES YES YES!" at the beginning. Event started at 4:30 and lasted until only about 9:30 I believe. Dave kept thanking the crowd for sticking with them for the 'long' event, but I have to think that he was more cheering on himself for keeping going, the crowd was ready and waiting for more. I poster art is at a level rarely seen on Dave Matthews related posters, in my opinion of course. Combine a Seattle icon with a female friendly nature and this has gained instant approval to go into a frame (once it arrives anyway).

someone said there were sound issues. this really happen? or just hearsay?
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:51 am

every show at Key Arena has sound issues.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
ryan_1969

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:53 am

MJBuck wrote:every show at Key Arena has sound issues.
:lol:
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:54 am

i was told that tims guitar was cutting out. and speakers were popping.