King Kong 08 Burlesque

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:29 pm

electrachrome wrote:
username wrote:it always entertains when all of you decide you want something after it proves 'sold out' or otherwise difficult to obtain.
I fall victim to this easily, therefore I just buy everything when it's released and sort it out later.
Haha thats a great quote.
EB Team

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:12 pm

electrachrome wrote:Image

I had one like this tacked up on my wall as a kid. Loved the monster movies.
if you like that then check this out...
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiec ... GSub=18861
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Got mine today - looks great in person. Too bad the tube was crushed. Ugh.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:00 pm

Mine arrived from BoNA today. Numbered out of 150.
latetotheshow
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:14 am

Mine came today, too. I just slipped it away, as my wife was home to receive the tube and I kinda' swore that I was going to slow down. Between that and the giant mondotees tube that came Friday (her other day off)...I'm not looking so good. :oops:
bongobongo63
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:32 am

latetotheshow wrote:Mine came today, too. I just slipped it away, as my wife was home to receive the tube and I kinda' swore that I was going to slow down. Between that and the giant mondotees tube that came Friday (her other day off)...I'm not looking so good. :oops:
my wife is off work for next two weeks expecting 3 tubes from mondotees and lots of other stuff, she was home the other day when a backlog of tubes arrived 5 in all, you can cut the air in our house with a knife. after next week i'm worm food.
pwned
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:35 am

take the pants back
latetotheshow
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:22 am

bongobongo63 wrote:
latetotheshow wrote:Mine came today, too. I just slipped it away, as my wife was home to receive the tube and I kinda' swore that I was going to slow down. Between that and the giant mondotees tube that came Friday (her other day off)...I'm not looking so good. :oops:
my wife is off work for next two weeks expecting 3 tubes from mondotees and lots of other stuff, she was home the other day when a backlog of tubes arrived 5 in all, you can cut the air in our house with a knife. after next week i'm worm food.
Have you (or anyone else) ever given the speech that these "posters" are an investment and that she should be happy at what they are worth. "Look at those framed McCarthy's honey. I could sell those TODAY for $$$$$".

Her reply. "But you never will."

Silence.

PS-The wife LOVES Dan's work and his name being mentioned was only used as an exclamation point in this example. :lol:
ryan_1969

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:28 am

my wife used to give me fudge about posters.......

latetotheshow
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:30 am

ryan_1969 wrote:my wife used to give me fudge about posters.......

ryan,

you are indeed...special. :D
bongobongo63
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:05 am

latetotheshow wrote:
bongobongo63 wrote:
Have you (or anyone else) ever given the speech that these "posters" are an investment and that she should be happy at what they are worth. "Look at those framed McCarthy's honey. I could sell those TODAY for $$$$$".

Her reply. "But you never will."

Silence.

PS-The wife LOVES Dan's work and his name being mentioned was only used as an exclamation point in this example. :lol:
Tried that, she used to reply the same, now she says "show me, sell some" so i do , then the money in my paypal account is invested in more great art. the other day she told me she feels like punching the postman when he turns up smiling laden with tubes. Its some addiction, a double whammy, i spend lots of money on them and lots of time looking and searching for them. first thing i do lately when i get in the house is turm on the computer, eb first of course, then omg posters , feedyourwall, banksy 50 pound thread, etc you have to be on the ball as the disapointment of missing a danger print or the like is just to much to handle. one thing i have tried with the wife is convincing her it keeps me from straying, i aint got the money to take on another girl, i aint got the time as i'm glued to the computer plus they dont have internet connections in seedy hotels, which would get in the way of release times.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:07 am

latetotheshow wrote:

ryan,

you are indeed...special. :D
He's one of a kind.

The investment thing works here, which means I have to flip one or two when she starts giving me guff.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:45 am

I'm on a mini hiatus from buying anything. I just sold a huge lot on ebay and that seems to cut the tension in the house when she sees me depositing large sums of money into the bank acct.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:07 pm

I have to dig a bigger hole.....
watersbrad
Art Expert

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Wow, mine just showed up and it's impressive in person. Friggin' huge too. 26 x 40 with lots of metallic silver. Framing it up for my dad's home theater room soon...