White Stripes Seattle 07 Jones (Jack)

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
norelation
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:21 am

shaneoftheroad wrote:I lucked into a matching Jack/Meg set (#43 each) signed by Rob Jones. I can't seem to find any sets signed with matching numbers. Any word on how many of these were signed?

Most all Rob's prints are printed by D&L in Seattle and shipped straight to the venue, thus, RJ doesn't have the ability to sign them. Shipping posters to Austin to sign, and then reshipping them to the venue is cost prohibitive and increases the chance they will get lost or damaged.

If there is a run of 234, rough guess that #101 thru #234 ship to the venue, and #1 thru #100 ship to Rob for sale through his website. It's these website prints that Rob signs prior to shipping. RJ also sells through Goodall Gallery in the UK. The gallery prints are signed by RJ and are generally lower in number (ie #22/234) since there is a perception among some collectors that lower numbers are more desirable. This arrangement is mutually beneficial for both the artist and the gallery.

Goodall has previously sent employees to TWS shows to snarf up Jones prints for resale. I'm don't know if these European tour prints were signed prior to shipping.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:39 pm

this is a pretty sweet test print on the bay, a bit pricey though.. :drool:

eBay 171119783451