Rising 23 Faile

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:07 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Rising 23 Faile

Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:08 pm

I do not believe this is a screen print. Can anyone confirm where that information came from in the listing?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:08 pm

It’s not; they would say otherwise. Archival ink on cotton rag they said.
bootstrut
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:00 pm

Their email makes it seem like it's screen printed? "Approximately 38 layers in the process of making this print. A rich archival pigment print on a heavyweight matte paper with deckled edges. A lot of small elements mixed in to all the blocks giving some fun sense of discovery." What layered print process are they using for these?

sidewaysscott
Art God

Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:03 pm

I was under the impression that the blocks was the OG, and these, for sale could be giclees...
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:05 pm

That is a gif of them making the original block painting that the print is based on. They aren't doing that process for 350 prints...not for $450, at least. As far as I know, they have always called a screen print a screen print, or said something like 'screen print ink and archival pigment on paper'. Calling it an archival pigment print, to me, is an indication that they have made a print based on the original woodblock painting but they have not silk screened it. Their recent releases that were not screen prints have been referred to as archival pigment prints in that same way.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bootstrut
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:07 pm

Got it, wasn't clear from skimming the email. I assumed the "38-layer print" was the whole edition. That gif almost sold me on it... but still a pretty decent image.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:49 pm

I agree it wasn't clear. I spent a bit determining whether it was actually screened or not. That was just my thought process in concluding that it was not.
KipPotapych
Art Expert

Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:57 pm

^ Like you said earlier, I don’t believe they ever released a screen print without saying that it was. So I do not think this is an exemption. Especially at 38 screens at that price, haha.