Astro Boy 23 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:26 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Astro Boy 23 Durieux

jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:17 am

This is stunning!

As a complete newbie to the character, is Astro Boy a giant/oversized robot or child sized robot? He looks pretty big in this composition compared to the building to his left and right, and considering the width of the road he's standing on. I like how alienated he looks being the size depicted here, he's still dwarfed by the buildings but then reading online I was just curious how physically big he actually is.
rocker
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:07 pm

I'd guess it's the right size
https://www.facebook.com/groups/posterbuddies/
Facebook group for chatting about prints
Sterlingpiper83
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:14 pm

The Atsro Boy in the comic (which I've never read and only learned of its existence last week when this dropped) was built to be "an average boy" like His Son that had passed. I would imagine this would include His size.

I think the size in the print is due to Laurents background as a graphic designer. He is trying to convey a feeling, not replicate the story with historical accuracy.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:52 pm

Sterlingpiper83 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:14 pm
The Atsro Boy in the comic (which I've never read and only learned of its existence last week when this dropped) was built to be "an average boy" like His Son that had passed. I would imagine this would include His size.

I think the size in the print is due to Laurents background as a graphic designer. He is trying to convey a feeling, not replicate the story with historical accuracy.
Right, I thought that too, good way to make him look more out of place and inhuman. The decision was just an odd curiosity but it does work.
Trom
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:12 pm

:clap: Love everything about this poster but the reflection just takes this to another level of awesomeness :drool: