Raconteurs 08 Jones

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:00 pm

guys, it's like $40... I know the shipping methods may be sketchy, but you aren't spending big bucks, this is one of the best Rob Jones prints ever.
Imatruck
Art Expert

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 pm

pjtaper wrote:guys, it's like $40... I know the shipping methods may be sketchy, but you aren't spending big bucks, this is one of the best Rob Jones prints ever.
that is going a bit far
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 pm

He's practicing his hype skills for the next generic print released by an unknown artist.
Imatruck
Art Expert

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:09 pm

or he wants it to sell out so he can flip it
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:13 pm

That goes without saying.
rmjguttermouth
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:19 pm

pjtaper wrote:guys, it's like $40... I know the shipping methods may be sketchy, but you aren't spending big bucks, this is one of the best Rob Jones prints ever.

some of us don't have the cash to buy ever print that is released by every artist.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:20 pm

^^here, here.
rowdyroddy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:22 pm

go back to your other bandwagons and leave mine alone.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:22 pm

rmjguttermouth wrote:

some of us don't have the cash to buy ever print that is released by every artist.
he doesn't really buy the posters, it's more like renting for him, as they're not really in his possession for more than a few days...
pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Bralumian wrote:
rmjguttermouth wrote:

he doesn't really buy the posters, it's more like renting for him, as they're not really in his possession for more than a few days...
unless they say EMEK or Pearl Jam on them, they could go at any time!
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:41 pm

pjtaper wrote:
Bralumian wrote:
rmjguttermouth wrote:

unless they say EMEK or Pearl Jam on them, they could go at any time!
Honestly, I do think this is a really good Rob Jones, but since this seems to be a little different than his previous work and I never really was a RJ fan (this will be my first print of his) I may be biased. But hey taper, I don't know if you were being serious with this statement or not and with the flipping thing, we don't know if Deep the flipper is talking or taper the honest art lover is talking... that's annoying... this is all part of the game, but obviously not the one that people wanna play right here you know...
MJBuck
Art Expert

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:45 pm

I think that this one will pleasantly surprise us. The jpeg won't even compare to the pure awsomeness.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
candycaneboy03
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:47 pm

If i recall correctly, Kung fu has bought new tubes WITH the plastic end caps for the shipping of these posters....

my last kung fu poster came fine but i heard some real horror stories, so this news settles me somewhat. I'm also sure someones given them some constructive tips on how to package the posters this time around so actually im even more settled than before.

The story behind the stamps is what finally hooked me to get this one.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Oops.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:18 pm

MJBuck wrote:I think that this one will pleasantly surprise us. The jpeg won't even compare to the pure awsomeness.
I agree 100%