Witness Tree 22 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue May 10, 2022 9:22 am

This topic is dedicated to: Witness Tree 22 Welker

recycler
Art Expert

Tue May 10, 2022 9:23 am

These are nice little images, but the $100 for a risograph, that high especially because it's all done by machine.
upseeker
Art Expert

Wed May 11, 2022 1:54 pm

Reminds me of his Decembrists poster from a while back. This has a big nod to the psychedeluc counterculture Art movement. Yes, please.
automator
Nobody

Mon May 23, 2022 3:05 pm

New image Witness Tree 22 Welker

upseeker
Art Expert

Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:41 pm

Framed the kraft in gold and it pops. The reso is right on!
haven
Art Expert

Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:33 pm

For those that have this, how’s the color compared to the jpeg?

It seems like actual pics of other of David’s risographs look rather washed out compared to the pre release jpegs.
mahilgen
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:06 pm

The topic has been covered ad nauseum on David's FB groups. But here's from DW himself in June:

"Hey my Friends,
I wanted to acknowledge some of the concerns I noticed about the recent Risographs looking different than the comps we used for the sale images. In future we will do everything in our power to complete editions or at least test prints ahead of a release date so that images are as accurate as they can be. Riso printing is a true craft with a great deal of nuance and variation and the final physical prints are an interpretation of the original color file. A giclee is certainly the most accurate and deepest color interpretation. A screen print is generally a few degrees lighter and colors are subject to the eye of the person mixing them. With Risograph printing each layer is a separate Riso color drum with a screen wrapped around it and the density and dither of each screen determines the final look and feel of that color layer. Similar to screen printing each layer that goes down interacts and builds on top of the layer underneath creating some doubling and some translucency. Risographs seems to wind up being a few degrees lighter in feel to the color comps. As an artist handling aspects of my own printing process it feels nice to be hands on again rather than outsourcing everything. Like I've said on a few occasions already, I'm a big advocate for Risograph printing and I hope you are enjoying them in general. I hope you can see the craft in them and the similarity in feel to screen prints. I do hope you appreciate that I'm printing and hand cutting them myself and that they are weird and quirky and not perfect. Having said all that I will do my best to share actual Risograph pics in future sales icons. And as promised I will do a homespun video of my process very soon. Thanks again for all your truly kind support and enthusiasm for my work."
haven
Art Expert

Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:16 pm

mahilgen wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:06 pm
The topic has been covered ad nauseum on David's FB groups. But here's from DW himself in June:
All right, thanks for posting that.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:28 pm

Ya very few of us fugs with the fb groups. Dats why we’re still here. Duh.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:23 pm

Dither talk always gets me going.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.