Widespread Panic Austin 21 Slater

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:09 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Widespread Panic Austin 21 Slater

Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:46 pm

well now

:clap:
recycler
Art Expert

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:27 am

Very nice, solid gig poster.

Curious about the inclusion of the lumberjack. Does the lumberjack serve as a reminder that something beautiful and peaceful will be ruined by Homo-sapiens? If that's the case, then the lumberjack is a perfect representation almost like Avatar. Or maybe the lumberjack is leaving nature alone...that's a stretch though. However, if the lumberjack's purpose in this piece is to look tough or represent WSP in some manner, then: lame.
Cheese318
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:05 am

Great work by Mr. Slater
slater
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:18 pm

Curious about the inclusion of the lumberjack. Does the lumberjack serve as a reminder that something beautiful and peaceful will be ruined by Homo-sapiens? If that's the case, then the lumberjack is a perfect representation almost like Avatar. Or maybe the lumberjack is leaving nature alone...that's a stretch though. However, if the lumberjack's purpose in this piece is to look tough or represent WSP in some manner, then: lame.
You basically have right in the first part. I'll write up something more through when I release my prints but it basically has to do with nature healing/growing during
the pandemic (hence the gigantic tree) but that man looms large (lumberjack) ready to hack it down again.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:39 pm

slater wrote:
You basically have right in the first part. I'll write up something more through when I release my prints but it basically has to do with nature healing/growing during
the pandemic (hence the gigantic tree) but that man looms large (lumberjack) ready to hack it down again.
Thanks for the insight, Todd. Great work!
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
dougr
Site Admin

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:36 pm

Kramerica wrote:
indeed, dig it!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
recycler
Art Expert

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Kramerica wrote:
slater wrote:

Oh man, love it. Well, I love your symbolism, but I hate that it's a reality...also a reality I am part of... Anyhow, that quick explanation nailed it, I see exactly where you are going with it.

Anyhow. Thanks for the details and also...thanks for visiting and commenting on EB!!!

P.S. Even the colors of the image - the red sky - is speaking more to me, almost as a foreshadowing of the destruction to come. Hey, you were able to weave in some cool modern day reference and a band name of Widespread Panic all in a thoughtful manner.
recycler
Art Expert

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Also, horrible luck: The best poster of 2021 will not go down as planned because the shows got cancelled.

Oh well, it's just art. Real thoughts should go to JB and other members/family/fans of and in the band. Get well soon Panic!
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:15 pm

Well....what now?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:11 pm

recycler wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:09 pm
Also, horrible luck: The best poster of 2021 will not go down as planned because the shows got cancelled.

Oh well, it's just art. Real thoughts should go to JB and other members/family/fans of and in the band. Get well soon Panic!
oh no :(
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:46 pm

Thought the shows were rescheduled for next month.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:18 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:46 pm
Thought the shows were rescheduled for next month.
October

Hope these can be reprinted with the new dates.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:57 pm

Dis is up in the panic store if anyone is interested:
https://store.widespreadpanic.com/store ... 6p4551.htm
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
recycler
Art Expert

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Minez already shipped!