Phish Hershey 21 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jmw4918
Flipper

Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:31 pm

love the purple/green. One of the better recent phish pollock's.
signature
automator
Nobody

Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:21 am

New image Phish Hershey 21 Pollock

dmm8878
Art Expert

Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:50 am

Hard to see in the pics, but there's a nice gradient in the green grass layer. It goes from dark to light to dark again from the foreground to the background. While I do like the look of the old hand-pressed prints, these newer presses are quite clean. Assuming the printing has been outsourced for these (and the Dicks 2019)?
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
partpat
Art Freak

Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:24 am

^ yes printing for both this and dicks was def outsourced.
automator
Nobody

Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:25 pm

New image Phish Hershey 21 Pollock

kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:18 pm

Great colors. Great image. Bravo Jim!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
iluvmoguls
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:13 pm

I don't understand what people like about this one. It makes no sense and the Hershey plant seems added as an afterthought. The fish have propellers coming off their tails. They are carrying what appear to be race car drivers. Did he initially intend this for curveball? There are birds flying all around. At the same time there is nothing happening but too much going on. I really try to not say anything if I can't say something nice, but I'm really confused here. I saw it in person and the colorway still doesn't do it for me. Can anyone explain why it's receiving the praise it is?

People are saying this is the best print of the summer and I just don't get it. Tahoe is great. Arkansas is confusing but at least interesting. Gorge doesn't do it for me. I'm looking forward to seeing Danger's AC in person but the feel and subject matter of Wagenbreth's seems superior. Noblesville is pretty rad. I even like Tennessee better. I like a lot of older Pollocks but I don't feel like he's put any effort into Phish for quite some time. Maybe since BD. Curveball and GOTF were really bad. I suppose some of his Waterwheel stuff has been interesting.

I'm really not looking for a fight here, just some enlightenment I suppose.
dmm8878
Art Expert

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:38 pm

iluvmoguls wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:13 pm
I don't understand what people like about this one. It makes no sense and the Hershey plant seems added as an afterthought. The fish have propellers coming off their tails. They are carrying what appear to be race car drivers. Did he initially intend this for curveball? There are birds flying all around. At the same time there is nothing happening but too much going on. I really try to not say anything if I can't say something nice, but I'm really confused here. I saw it in person and the colorway still doesn't do it for me. Can anyone explain why it's receiving the praise it is?

People are saying this is the best print of the summer and I just don't get it. Tahoe is great. Arkansas is confusing but at least interesting. Gorge doesn't do it for me. I'm looking forward to seeing Danger's AC in person but the feel and subject matter of Wagenbreth's seems superior. Noblesville is pretty rad. I even like Tennessee better. I like a lot of older Pollocks but I don't feel like he's put any effort into Phish for quite some time. Maybe since BD. Curveball and GOTF were really bad. I suppose some of his Waterwheel stuff has been interesting.

I'm really not looking for a fight here, just some enlightenment I suppose.
Art is subjective, so I think you answered your own question. As a fan of Pollock for many, many years, I dig this one was pumped it was for a show I attended.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
iluvmoguls
Art Enthusiast

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:38 am

OK cool. I was bummed on my way to Hershey when I heard it'd be a Pollock because I knew it'd be that much harder to get a print. But when I saw it I was bummed that it was a poster to a show I was attending (and I'm trying my best nowadays to only get prints for shows I go to) that I didn't like at all.

Anyway, not trying to sour anyone's mood. Love the guy. Love the band. Love the posters. :)
crujonez
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:52 am

I had to get mine on secondary market so had to pay up for it. Hershey is a local show for me so had to do it. Probably will never frame it though ha
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:13 am

One doesn’t dissect gossamer.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Pillow
New User

Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:11 am

I love this print. Missed it on day 1, but was lucky as hell day 2. Jim was on-site at the WW booth so I ran across the field and finally got to meet him. With a donation (no required amount) Jim would add “Dancing Kisses” on the bottom of the print. Aside from “Sexy Wombat” and a triple rainbow, this print made it all worth while.

Anyone else have one of these?

earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 pm

That’s fantastic! Haven’t seen that doodle.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
automator
Nobody

Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:01 pm

New image Walking Hershey Kisses Doodle
Close up of the Walking Hershey Kisses that Jim Pollock doodled on some of the prints at the Waterwheel table before the show on 8/11, for those who made donations.

crujonez
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:09 am

was just going through my flat file yesterday and looking at this one and there it is on front page today. Really is a sweet print. One of pollocks nicest in last 10 years or so imo. second night was a fantastic show taboot