Edge of Tomorrow 21 Domaradzki

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:50 am

This topic is dedicated to: Edge of Tomorrow 21 Domaradzki

automator
Nobody

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:21 am

New image Edge of Tomorrow 21 Domaradzki

Trom
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:18 am

There is a silver metallic ink running throughout the Ichiban Kill Variant that is to die for :drool: and why Lady Lazarus is one of, if not the Best print shops in the screenprint business. Hats off to Krzysztof on the detail on this Masterpiece.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:14 am

Lady laz the best screen printer in the business?

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Trom
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:01 am

Well I will be honest, I have only been collecting screenprints for 3 years or so and I own 4 or 5 lady Lazarus prints and all are stunning. What screenprint shops are you backing as Top Notch my friend?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:34 am

I will admit that lady laz does decent quality printing but they are absolute fudge on the customer service and fulfillment side of things. They consistently can't deliver in time, even so far as not having gig posters printed in time for the show they are meant to be sold at. If you see a mondo release saying 'printed by lady laz' you can add two months to the stated lead time, minimum. Don't even get me started on the multiple year wait times for commissions that they have already gotten paid to print. All that aside, every print I have from them seems well-printed, so judging just from a print quality standpoint I like their work.

Some of my favorite shops are eclipse, seizure palace, Chuck Sperry/Firehouse 18, pop!nk, Malleus, BoNA, Night Swim. I can't recall who does the printing for Dface off hand but his prints are always high quality.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Trom
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:36 am

Thank You So Much for your input my Friend. I'm sick of the trolling that I read on EB. Is there another site that you like for screenprint collectors similar to EB. I love EB's website and plan on donating my cash to them in the near future. I'm not a fan of giclee digital do to it can be reproduced instantly at anytime, thus lowering value for Collectors. It seems to me artists dont want to do color layering work anymore. Vance Kelly is a master at it from what I'm told. Anyways I'm rambling on. Thank You for chiming in my Friend. Peace and Love brother
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:55 am

I prefer the aesthetic of a screen print as well but won't trash on giclee prints. There are times where I see a giclee or litho and to my amateur eye it looks as though it could have been separated for screen printing with minimal effort and that disappoints me. Other times there is clear value in using giclee printing to capture the original artwork. Two of my favorites from the past year were Esao Andrew's Community Zoo and James Jean's EEAAO. Sure, you can try and separate them and throw down layer after layer after layer of ink but it probably still wouldn't look as good as a giclee and would probably be pretty expensive to produce. It's certainly not like producing an edition and then destroying the screen/stone to preserve the provenance but it's not like you can't still bootleg a screen print if you really want to.

As for sites you could try Urban Art Association but the site is not great from a navigation standpoint imo. There is also collectionzzzzzzzzzz but I haven't spent much time over there. Facebook seems to have most of the action in the gig and movie poster scene.
Trom
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:18 am

I do appreciate all your input as it does help me learn this wonderful hobby. Giclee is Beautiful and I'm not trashing in any way but it's the old school screening that I admire most. All the Beautiful inks used and pushing the bar with big flaky metallic inks.Im 60 years old and remember in the 70's when metallic paints hit the market bigtime. The glistening was mesmerizing and Candy apple red was Amazing and my Favorite color. This print is on black paper and gives it a kinda depth that I love. Though prices are crazy right now I'm sure, I feel black paper is worth the cost in some instances, especially when prints aren't full bleed. It's all up to the eyes of the artist and decisions made with the printer. I will seek other communities as well and your input helped. Screen or spray on my EB brother. Peace