Grateful Dead Winterland 08 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dangerboy
Flipper

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:27 pm

sounds to me like they won't be doing fudge about it
arodri70
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:37 pm

jojobadass wrote:you should ask that guy if he gives as good of lip service to his wife as he just gave you.
maybe he will give lip service as an option to those that don't their money back :lol:
mbrennan
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:39 pm

q4t -- just what I was thinking
jojobadass wrote:you should ask that guy if he gives as good of lip service to his wife as he just gave you.
rssesq
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:45 pm

still gladly waiting in CT.
jrqbliss
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

None of this surprises me - the GD store is a travesty. If they didn't have a rabid captive customer base, they'd be bankrupt. Every single thing they do is flawed. When the Winterland box was released, one of the discs contained a defect -- they didn't even check their master copy. Another recent release was missing a disc, doubling up on another. The expenses they must incur on their fk-ups is crazy -- you'd think they'd learn that there's a right way to do business ...
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:44 pm

jrqbliss wrote:None of this surprises me - the GD store is a travesty. If they didn't have a rabid captive customer base, they'd be bankrupt. Every single thing they do is flawed. When the Winterland box was released, one of the discs contained a defect -- they didn't even check their master copy. Another recent release was missing a disc, doubling up on another. The expenses they must incur on their fk-ups is crazy -- you'd think they'd learn that there's a right way to do business ...
GDM doesn't handle it anymore brah. You can thank Rhino for those f-ups.... Keeping it in perspective....
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
ahydell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:52 pm

interesting....but what if mine was shipped and delivered via UPS??? this has been the most bizarre poster transaction:

1. buy the print
2. look at the site a week later and see a UPS tracking #
3. doesn't deliver for a week so i check it again, ping the store and they say 'sorry, that was a mistake to give you a UPS#...we are refunding you $14 and sending via USPS..."
4. check the UPS tracking # a couple days later and it's shipped and on it's way
5. check my account a couple of days later and get a $14 refund
6. get the damaged print
7. start the ping process w/ the store on 7/10 and am told i can send it back for full refund or send them pictures and get 1/2 refund..."let us know how you'd like to proceed"
8. take pictures later that night and email to them, telling them i really don't like either option
9. am told mon/tues they'll have a resolution...like the rest of you.
10. still waiting......

i'd rather have waited 4 months to get this direct from Emek than swill through this. still an awesome print...
STAY FROSTY
pioneer
Flipper

Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:26 pm

The USPS didn't inspect either of mine, I had to cut through the mailing labels to open them--both the good one and the bad one.

What a lame excuse, blame someone else. It couldn't have been them, of course not, he watched every single one get packed---sure he did.

Someone should email him the link to the poll where it shows that so far 75% are damaged. Yep, the post office did it.
"Just tell him you're already on God's team and are very familiar with the playbook. Then tell him to STFU."
evillittlegoat wrote:All it takes is one dead hooker and all these Obama prints will be worthless.
ahydell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 pm

just got this reply from the store when asked if they had a resolution:

"No answers as of yet. We'll be contacting you."
STAY FROSTY
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:08 pm

ahydell wrote:just got this reply from the store when asked if they had a resolution:

just let it go for a couple days. hounding them isn't going to help any of us...
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
Chumley
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:11 pm

ahydell wrote:just got this reply from the store when asked if they had a resolution:

I logged in and went to "customer service" and entered in my complaint there. Then you have it all in writing, like how they told me last week I'd get a phone call Monday or Tuesday. Never happened. By having it in writing maybe I'll be better able to challenge through my cc company. They have already acknowledged to me in writing that they know I rec'd a damaged print and are trying to figure out how to handle "the problem."
sschmotz
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:13 pm

It's not easy to admit you screwed up or wrong, especially if you think your always right.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:14 pm

sschmotz wrote:It's not easy to admit you screwed up or wrong, especially if you think your always right.
I wouldn't know, I've never been wrong :wink:
out and perfect.
willg
Art Expert

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:21 pm

Anybody receive theirs that didn't have shipping information loaded on the GD website(no downloads for shipping available). Just curious if you receive a tracking number if they send it USPS.
Chumley
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:26 pm

willg wrote:Anybody receive theirs that didn't have shipping information loaded on the GD website(no downloads for shipping available). Just curious if you receive a tracking number if they send it USPS.
There is no tracking number for USPS shipments, only for the ones sent UPS.