Inside Out 20 Keyes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:00 am

Prefer his “new” stuff, personally. Never cared much for the “cross section” stuff with a few exceptions.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:16 am

mlinderer wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:58 pm
fleshmite wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:22 pm
bubbie wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:44 pm
Is it a doe tho?
A very, very small one.
bubbie wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:44 pm

I have never seen one myself, but heard they exist, antlered does.

I've always called them a button buck, basically a year old male dear.
bubbie wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:22 pm
They all look like that in late spring, even the bruisers.
Let’s go semi-full eb’er on antler growth, because why not, lol.

The buck in the pic is definitely younger than that on his painting. Look at antler base thickness. The one in the pic would never be more than a spike that year, while the one on the painting could grow quite an antler.

The fact that it is still spotted and growing antlers is either “artistic improvisation” or it is whatever that deer is called (axis deer?) that has spots through out its lifetime. I don’t believe there is any other deer that still has white spots by the time they are able to grow antlers.

I briefly looked through some trail cam pics, but couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for. Not sure what I did with the pictures. This one used to have something like the one on the painting just 1.5-2 weeks before the photo was taken:

Here is the same deer 2.5 weeks later:

And here it is another 1.5 weeks later:

He grew into a brute that year, but I can’t find the pics. Watching these guys through out the year is pretty amazing.

While we are at it, here is a Mitchell colab with two red-winged blackbirds riding a buck (you can’t see the red because of the lighting -> shitty pic, but it is them):

I am going get back to my beer now.
7th_son
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:26 pm

mlinderer wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:49 pm
7th_son wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:33 pm
Everything changed when he dropped the unique “cross section” style, eh? I’m still in.
I've not converted yet, probably won't. Trying to track down the older big hitters.
I think I’m in the same boat. My main interest is his early work... part of a golden age here I think!