The Ways Of The Force 20 Ansin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:23 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:12 pm
Kramerica wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:31 am
I don't understand the choice to make the foil show through on the faces/skin. What's the point of that?
Because zOMG foil, like most other foil prints (i.e. there is no point). I got my reg in after the current standard USPS delay and am pretty happy with that. He really knocked it out with the art and design.
I kinda wish I had bought the set after seeing the variant in person. I think it's a fire print, just wish the foil were a tad more subtle. I am not a big foil guy to begin with, though.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Yaromil

Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:51 am

Kramerica wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:31 am
I don't understand the choice to make the foil show through on the faces/skin. What's the point of that?
Isn't there a possibility they missed one layer during printing?
zb117
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:06 pm

The foil isn't for me, but the reg in person is pretty striking.

I tend to stay away from the 'floating heads collage' business, but a summed piece as "Star Wars" works for my brain
mgutierrez
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 pm

Some photos of the print in natural light. Definitely agree it was an odd choice to use foil on the characters skin, but I think the effect of "lightsaber heat" on Obi-wan's face benefits from the foil.

mgutierrez
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:44 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i_hSLU ... sp=sharing

Video of the print for those interested.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:33 pm

thanks for posting pictures, those look great. I kinda like the foil on this..
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:44 pm

My variant arrived, and I tend to agree with what others have said here. Wished they had used the foil more sparingly. The choice to use it on the faces is kind of baffling.
jvwoodford
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Has anyone else had issues with alignment of screens on their regulars? I've had two sent that look blurry because multiple screens aren't aligned properly so you get a sort of ghosting effect on the details. It's not terrible but still noticeable and I wondered of it was a common issue, have only experienced this once before with Mondo for A Quiet Place.