Paul (Dune Book Cover) 20 Griffin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:27 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Paul (Dune Book Cover) 20 Griffin

veltri
Art Expert

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:29 pm

Beautifully put together hardcover edition.

https://www.mattgriffin.online/dune
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:13 pm

agreeed. poster would have been way more inciting if it had dune on it. feels kind of meh without it.
zombiemilkshake
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:31 pm

I ordered both the reg and var (foil) so I could compare the differences in person and select one for framing. It took me a full week having both laid out next to each other to decide and I'm still not sure which one I would recommend others pickup.

<- Foil | Reg ->

Foil effect is very subtle and you only notice the foil when the light hits the print just right.
Reg has higher contrast/brighter colors which really appeals to me. If the two prints were not laid side by side I don't think the contrast difference would be very noticeable. And I like the shimmer when the light catches the foil print so I kept the foil but they are both special in their own ways.

I personally like the titleless art print direction and wouldn't have been as excited about a titled version. Still I love Dune and the art so much I would be in either way.
Catherinebailey
New User

Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:30 am

I love this book, yes, the cover is just right, it describes the history of the book, what a pity there is no delivery in my locality.
I have already read it many times on the internet and dream soon to be able to purchase it to add to my book collection.
:clap: :D
Nanblevins
New User

Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:53 pm

A very good book, what a pity they appear so rarely.
In my opinion the cover is a bit too colourful, I think something black and white would be perfect
Nanblevins
New User

Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:14 pm

Dune was one of the first science-fiction novels I read. It appealed to me that even in its free book summary, it clearly addresses the separate peace and issues of religion. As https://freebooksummary.com/category/a-separate-peace shows true friendship's joys, its benefits, and its limits, so Paul of Dune expresses the importance of free will and fate. By the way, I consider that many science-fiction authors considered religion an outdated institution that would eventually lose its direct control over society.
Last edited by Nanblevins on Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:32 pm

0kay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Pylonier
New User

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 pm

For me it's the most beautiful dune poster ever published. And lately there has been more than enough of that. The poster looks even better live and in color and perfectly conveys the atmosphere of the film in all its facets.