American Rage 20 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:05 pm

This topic is dedicated to: American Rage 20 Fairey

mitchupitchu
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:24 am

PPE
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:52 am

Last edited by smellmysocks73 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:48 am

:lol:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ricv64
Art Expert

Thu May 07, 2020 8:01 am

I saw someone wearing of those going into the market to buy beer at 6 30 am when I was doing laundry the other day . I got the sense that he was trying to tell everyone HE WAS AMERICAN and he didn't like this sheltering in place . I thought it a weak protest and dumb
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
nottyplay1
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 07, 2020 3:27 pm

ricv64 wrote:
I saw someone wearing of those going into the market to buy beer at 6 30 am when I was doing laundry the other day . I got the sense that he was trying to tell everyone HE WAS AMERICAN and he didn't like this sheltering in place . I thought it a weak protest and dumb
#views #perspectives #opinions #assumptions
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Would pair well with Occupy Protester IMO.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
automator
Nobody

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:17 pm

New image American Rage 20 Fairey

KrazyCatBK
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:49 pm

I guess it’s ironic that this print of the LA 92 Riots comes out and now there are the 2020 riots in most major American cities for the same reason of racial inequality!
Cheers!

Taylor
automator
Nobody

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:34 pm

New image American Rage 19 Fairey

automator
Nobody

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:00 pm

New image American Rage 19 Fairey

theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:07 pm

signed open edition 24x36 offset is getting released July 9th . Adds text "injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere"

--

https://obeygiant.com/american-rage-and ... -july-9th/

"The 4th of July commemorates American independence from England and, in theory, a move to democracy over monarchy. The holiday is sometimes used by politicians for nationalistic political grandstanding, but I think that it is important to recognize the difference between democracy and monarchy, as well as the difference between nationalism and patriotism. We are momentarily stuck with a president who’d prefer to be a monarch than someone accountable to democracy. He is also someone who loves nationalism, because he knows nationalists fall in line with the national power structure regardless of whether its policies are good for the citizens. I consider myself a patriot, not a nationalist… I believe in the potential of the nation to do good for its citizens and the world, and I will push to amend the system’s flaws and further the good policies. Let’s use the 4th as a reminder that democracy is a privilege that must be maintained through action, which always means voting, and when necessary, means protesting in the streets. The current crop of Republicans seem to despise patriotic dissent, but it wasn’t always that way. Margaret Chase Smith, a Republican, made a speech she called a “Declaration of Conscience” in response to McCarthy’s tactics. Here is an excerpt:

Those of us who shout the loudest about Americanism in making character assassinations are all too frequently those who ignore some of the basic principles of Americanism —

The right to criticize;

The right to hold unpopular beliefs;

The right to protest;

The right of independent thought.

I’m releasing two 24×36 open edition offset lithograph prints celebrating those rights aforementioned rights.

This “American Rage” print is based on a photo by Ted Soqui taken during the LA riots of spring 1992, but the image is equally emblematic of the current wave of protests for racial justice and police reform that the nation has been experiencing in the wake of the murder of George Floyd by the Minneapolis police. I remember at the time, 28 years ago, feeling enraged that blatant acts of police brutality inflicted on Rodney King went unpunished when they were clearly captured on video. I was ecstatic that enough people were distressed by what happened to George Floyd, and what has happened to countless unarmed people of color at the hands of the police, to hit the streets in peaceful protest. Protest is a noble use of free speech, protected as a civil right, and is as American as apple pie. This “American Rage” image is a celebration of protest as a form of civic participation in democracy. I don’t ever condone violence or looting, but I understand why things can reach a boiling point, resulting in riots, when people feel that the American system has failed them over and over. Martin Luther King Jr. said “A riot is the language of the unheard”. King also condemned politicians who “are more devoted to order than justice”. I urge people not to conflate peaceful protest with “criminal agitation” or “inciting a riot.” When the system fails the people, it is nothing short of patriotic for the people to protest for a solution. Proceeds from this print benefit Black Lives Matter.

The Voting Rights are Human Rights print is a collaboration with photographer Steve Schapiro who documented many of the important civil rights protests in the 1960s. Steve and I met at the opening of The Legacy Museum: From Enslavement to Mass Incarceration in Montgomery, Alabama. As I looked through his numerous beautiful and powerful photos, we discussed the possibility of collaborating on the spot. Voting rights and racial equality were the focus of a mass movement toward a more just society in the ’60s. Unfortunately, insidious racism, which never went away, has given way to more overt racism, and voter suppression, often targeting people of color and students. Democracy needs to work for everyone.

Voting rights are human rights, and we need to make every effort to give equal voting access to everyone of voting age regardless of race or economic circumstance. It is essential that people vote! Proceeds from this print will benefit Bryan Stevenson’s Equal Justice Initiative, which provides legal representation to people who have been illegally convicted, unfairly sentenced, or abused in state jails and prisons. Thank you for caring!
-Shepard

American Rage. 24 x 36 inches. Offset print on cream Speckletone paper. Original photo by Ted Soqui. Signed by Shepard Fairey. $45. Proceeds go to Black Lives Matter. Available on Thursday, July 9th @ 10 AM PDT at https://store.obeygiant.com/collections/prints. International customers are responsible for import fees due upon delivery.⁣ Orders may be delayed due to COVID19. ALL SALES FINAL."
automator
Nobody

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:08 pm

New image Offset edition
24x36 offset edition. Signed by Fairey

RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:49 pm

ricv64 wrote:

Huh?
crujonez
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:54 pm

pumped to get the open edition as i messed up my verifications for the drop on the first release and love the image