Init Fest 08 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:57 pm

I'll trade my Horkey's for EMEKs...
They are both amazing, totally different styles, and by far two of the most talented artists creating art right now...
mistersmith
Art Freak

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:59 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:no disrespect intended toward anyone at BoNA...
Oh, yeah, I didn't interpret it that way. I mean, you compared dude to Jimi, probably the best thing you can say about someone. I just thought it would be a fun discussion...but I felt like such a fanboy nerd that I dropped it.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:01 pm

mistersmith wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:no disrespect intended toward anyone at BoNA...
Oh, yeah, I didn't interpret it that way. I mean, you compared dude to Jimi, probably the best thing you can say about someone. I just thought it would be a fun discussion...but I felt like such a fanboy nerd that I dropped it.
:lol:

nothin wrong with getting excited about aarons work IMO. thats what great art should do...create discussion.
Tundra
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:03 am

mistersmith wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:i was recently talking to brad klausen about aaron and he used a spot on analogy. he said he is the jimi hendrix of the scene.
I dunno. I could listen to Jimi do that acoustic solo "Hear My Train A'Comin" all damn day. Jimi could have stood on his own, and all the suporting players behind him, even guys like Buddy Miles, were always secondary.

In this case, don't forget about the Burlesque crew always stepping it up and actually pulling off these prints. It takes more than just Horkey to get these things on paper.

Or, maybe that makes Burlesque an Eddie Kramer to Horkey's Jimi. I dunno. the more I type the more I think it's stupid to belabor this point.

I agree with some points, but I own most horkey's and my favorite by the man was not printed by BoNA
jodeci78
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:12 am

Tundra wrote:
mistersmith wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:i was recently talking to brad klausen about aaron and he used a spot on analogy. he said he is the jimi hendrix of the scene.
I dunno. I could listen to Jimi do that acoustic solo "Hear My Train A'Comin" all damn day. Jimi could have stood on his own, and all the suporting players behind him, even guys like Buddy Miles, were always secondary.

In this case, don't forget about the Burlesque crew always stepping it up and actually pulling off these prints. It takes more than just Horkey to get these things on paper.

Or, maybe that makes Burlesque an Eddie Kramer to Horkey's Jimi. I dunno. the more I type the more I think it's stupid to belabor this point.

I agree with some points, but I own most horkey's and my favorite by the man was not printed by BoNA
Maybe you'll buy my orange Aepyornis for more than what I paid for...
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:30 am

jodeci78 wrote:
Tundra wrote:
mistersmith wrote:

Maybe you'll buy my orange Aepyornis for more than what I paid for...
that's a 50/50 shot. he could also mean nesting.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:13 am

iratasan wrote:
that's a 50/50 shot. he could also mean nesting.
can't be nesting... those never really went on sale.
eevildee
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:25 pm

and it's up on ebay. . .
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:45 pm

very curious if it sells.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:04 pm

if you want one dont be too hasty. patience. ben already said the artist edition is larger than the show edition...so that tells you BoNA will be selling them soon enough.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:17 am

Ugh, $250. Burlesque will probably sell it for what, $50-60? Regardless, that one eBay moron is gonna mess it up for all of us in the secondary market.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
Origo
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:24 am

The show edition is only 68 which makes it pricey, guess the artist will hit 150 - 200.
S,S,FH
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:35 am

what a beast! its beautiful!
phillefour
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:21 am

Very nice!
kyle
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:56 pm

i will be the first to admit that i have been a total sucker many times...

both here and ebay...

but someone buying this for $250 before BoNA sells it.... poor fella. :?