Obama Change 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:08 pm

getoutoftheleftlane wrote:i just spoke with someone at the obama store who said that they are not sure which it is. furthermore, they were looking into whether they even had the prints on hand yet or not (this after i asked if they had a print to look at).

she said, "sorry, most of us didn't even know about this print until today. so, we're not sure."

i will say that the site was definitely changed from saying that it was a screen print when i purchased it, to now not specifying either way.

someone might have more luck contacting obey for the right answers.
i wonder how many people work there and if they're all in the same room. the dude i talked to grabbed one and was looking at it as we talked.
bicyclejoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:10 pm

His was imaginary to get you off the phone so that he could get back to his online poker game.
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:10 pm

you wanna make a hundred dollar bet?

love that fudge...
cardhawks
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:11 pm

lazk wrote:Gosh Ryan....I was sorta joking...however...lets make a wager..publically...

UM $100 bucks cash....Republican wins..you pay Democrat win....I pay

ryan_1969 wrote:
lazk wrote:ok..just in the niccccccccccccccccccck of time...kyle not buy..hate democrats anyways...OBAMA and KERRY...FLIP FLOPPERs...
funny. mccain was pro life three months before he decided to run. now ask him. :lol:
hey wow an internet bet.

that's a good one.

and I'm hung like a horse girls
ryan_1969

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:12 pm

i was just sayin..... :lol:

i'm a gambling man, you're on. or if you want to set up a poster bet....i'm down with that. historically it has been difficult for any party to hold the white house for longer than eight years.

...if hillary wins, the bets off. :wink: i don't think she could beat mccain.
lazk wrote:Gosh Ryan....I was sorta joking...however...lets make a wager..publically...

ryan_1969 wrote:
lazk wrote:ok..just in the niccccccccccccccccccck of time...kyle not buy..hate democrats anyways...OBAMA and KERRY...FLIP FLOPPERs...
funny. mccain was pro life three months before he decided to run. now ask him. :lol:
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:15 pm

i assume someone has emailed obey...please post if/when they respond.
ryan_1969

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:18 pm

cardhawks wrote:

ryan_1969 wrote:
hey wow an internet bet.

that's a good one.

and I'm hung like a horse girls
shutthefuckupdouchebag.
bicyclejoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:20 pm

This is not a year that I would be willing to bet on.

If I had handicap it, given the mood of the nation, the low approval of President Bush and excited mobilization for Democratic candidates, I would say it's going D.
(Hell, Obama was garnering more votes than all of the GOP candidates combined early in the primary season).

There are sites for you all:

Exchange bets favor Obama for Democratic nomination
Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:24pm EDT

By David Alexander

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hillary Clinton will win Democratic primary elections in Pennsylvania, Kentucky and West Virginia in the coming weeks, but rival Barack Obama will ultimately capture the party's presidential nomination, traders were betting on Monday.

Traders on the Dublin-based Intrade prediction market also put their bets on the Democratic party to hold new primary elections before June 30 in Michigan and Florida, where earlier results were declared invalid in a fight over the date of the elections.

But even that, the traders were betting, wouldn't be enough to help Clinton win the Democratic nomination to oppose Republican John McCain in the November general election.

Intrade traders gave Obama a 75 percent chance of winning the Democratic nomination for U.S. president, versus 23.5 percent for Clinton. Traders on the Iowa Electronic Markets, a nonprofit exchange run by the University of Iowa for research purposes, gave Obama a 74 percent chance of winning, versus 24 percent for Clinton.

Prediction exchanges let traders buy and sell contracts on the likelihood of future events. Contracts are structured so the prices can be read as a percent likelihood of an event occurring. Studies of the prediction markets have shown they have an accuracy comparable to that of public opinion polls.

Traders on Intrade, which offers contracts on the outcome of individual state races, gave Obama, who would be the first black U.S. president, a 98 percent chance of winning the Mississippi presidential contest on Tuesday night.

Clinton was seen as having about a 2 percent chance of winning the state, where black voters are expected to make up more than half the Democratic turnout.

Clinton, a New York senator, was tipped to win the Pennsylvania primary on April 22, with traders giving her an 81 percent chance versus 25 percent for Obama, trading data showed.

Pennsylvania would be an important victory for Clinton, who would be the first woman U.S. president. She trails Obama in delegates to the party's nominating convention this summer. More delegates are at stake in Pennsylvania than any other remaining contest, so the election offers her a chance to narrow the delegate gap with Obama, an Illinois senator.

As the Obama-Clinton duel for the Democratic party nomination winds toward the August convention in Denver, the traders were betting Obama would carry North Carolina, Oregon, and Montana; Clinton would carry West Virginia and Kentucky; and Indiana was a tossup.

In previous presidential election years, the party contest has been sewn up long before primaries in these states.

No matter which candidate wins the nomination, traders on Intrade and the Iowa Electronic Markets were forecasting a Democratic victory in the November general election. Intrade traders were giving the ultimate Democratic nominee a 61.5 percent chance of winning, versus about 39 percent for the Republican.

Traders on the Iowa markets saw a narrower race, with the Democrat having a 57 percent chance of winning, versus 47.4 percent for the Republican.

Trading in contracts such as whether Clinton or Obama will clinch the nomination has numbered in the hundreds of thousands on Intrade.

(Editing by Jackie Frank)
piomba
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 pm

nimsu8 wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:i'm sure if you bought it and want a refund they will accomodate you. they know they pulled the 'silkscreen' part off the description.
will they give refunds if he doesn't get the nomination?
i like it.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:25 pm

I believe our presidential election has already been decided and our vote dont mean fudge.
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:26 pm

funny that when Obama is asked what he has ever run....he mentions his campaign and how successful that is. that my friends is an incredible resume.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:29 pm

usamamasan1 wrote:funny that when Obama is asked what he has ever run....he mentions his campaign and how successful that is. that my friends is an incredible resume.
Bush crumbled a baseball team... what else did he run? Amuck
bicyclejoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Not sure that's accurate, mamasan,
Still, on the other hand, Clinton cites experience and her electibility, yet she can't put away this junior senator from Illinois. I'm sure a lot of people are likely wondering how she might run the country when she has done such a questionable job running her campaign.
lazk
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:40 pm

Wow...

I go away for a minute and all this talk..nah ryan

Democrats vs. Republicans

Any takers??

Kyle
:P
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:45 pm

turnJBup wrote:
usamamasan1 wrote:cry cry cry.

it is all Bush's fault.

what a drymounting idiot. you whine like a posterkiller.
Actually it's more your fault for not educating yourself.... and being absolutely clueless as to what's happening around you.
Like I said, I blame dip shits like you who voted for him twice.
We all know who the idiot is... :wink:

You still have yet to post ONE good thing Bush has done... bigot-boy.
Coward.
looky here, you call me a coward and you are the one who wants to run out of Iraq?

+Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history.

+turned around an inherited economy that was in recession, and deeply shocked as a result of the 9/11 attacks (but that was George's fault right)

+Afghanistan and Iraq. 50 million people who had lived under tyrannical regimes now live in freedom (not easy TURNJ, will take 100+years :ziggi: )

+Pushed through THREE raises for our military. Increased military pay by more than $1 billion a year.(you should have kept that gig)

+Signed the LARGEST nuclear arms reduction in world history with Russia.

+Heeding the words of our own Declaration of Independence, the president laid out the non-negotiable demands of human dignity for all people everywhere. On January 29, 2002, he said, "No nation owns these aspirations, and no nation is exempt from them. We have no intention of imposing our culture. But America will always stand firm for the non-negotiable demands of human dignity." As stated by the President, they are a virtual manifesto of conservative principles:

* Equal Justice
* Freedom of Speech
* Limited Government Power
* Private Property Rights
* Religious Tolerance
* Respect for Women
* Rule of Law

I voted for him twice, would do so again. You my friend are a fair weather fan.