Skip James 19 Crumb

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:25 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Skip James 19 Crumb

morst
EB Team

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:26 pm

"In 2015, Robert illustrated a portrait of Skip James for his friend John Heneghan in exchange for some rare 78's. I saw the portrait this year for the first time (a customer sent the image to me requesting we create some kind of edition with it). I immediately called Robert and asked when he drew it, why, etc. After he told me the history of the portrait, I told him it was an amazing drawing. Crumb said, "Yeah, I like the way it turned out." We both agreed it would make an excellent etching edition. John Heneghan was kind enough to scan the original art and send it to me so we could begin with crystal clear artwork. We printed the edition in May, then sent it to France in early June where it was signed by Crumb. "

From Alex Wood, the publisher
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.