AOR 2.4 Can You Pass the Acid Test? 65 Hartweg

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
papawheelie
New User

Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 am

Then, please enlighten us.

although I may be misunderstanding the circumstances I'm sure it did not sell. my understanding is that after the auction closed the buyer didn't pay for it and the seller still has the poster... but who knows, it's ebay after all. I spoke with the ebay seller recently and although he seemed very guarded about information he was quite clear that this poster did not sell. you might look into it yourself if you are at all concerned about this website posting misinformation
automator
Nobody

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:46 am

New image AOR 2.4 Can You Pass the Acid Test? 65 Hartweg

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:49 am

automator
Nobody

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:48 pm

OP-2-Goldenrod

downtown
Art Expert

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:08 am

Amazing pieces of American history.

Was there ever a verdict on the ebay sale in question ?

I wonder if any of them were dosed by the Pranksters ?
allthejosh

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:27 pm

I was wondering if any one knew the price off this print

thanx
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:16 pm

allthejosh wrote:I was wondering if any one knew the price off this print

thanx
that looks like one of Zane's reprints... im not sure because there are so many aftermarket versions of this poster...

if you have any questions you can always call or email zane and shoot him some pics, he'll be glad to help

http://www.key-z.com/
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Does anyone know how I can determine which version of this print I have? I purchased it a few years back in a poster shop in San Francisco (I think). I always thought it was just some random reprint, but didn't know how to figure it out. It is on relatively thin stock compared to most of my other posters. The colors look similar to the Artrock yellow edition given the options listed here but may not be as "yellow". Anyway, any help would be appreciated as I didn't know how to figure it out.
jester
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 3:26 am

alngtheway wrote:Does anyone know how I can determine which version of this print I have? I purchased it a few years back in a poster shop in San Francisco (I think). I always thought it was just some random reprint, but didn't know how to figure it out. It is on relatively thin stock compared to most of my other posters. The colors look similar to the Artrock yellow edition given the options listed here but may not be as "yellow". Anyway, any help would be appreciated as I didn't know how to figure it out.
Nice, what are the measurements on this one, and is it hand colored ?
ISO: Any Spusta original sketches, original inkings, or concept drawings. Please PM me to discuss...
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 am

jester wrote:
alngtheway wrote:Does anyone know how I can determine which version of this print I have? I purchased it a few years back in a poster shop in San Francisco (I think). I always thought it was just some random reprint, but didn't know how to figure it out. It is on relatively thin stock compared to most of my other posters. The colors look similar to the Artrock yellow edition given the options listed here but may not be as "yellow". Anyway, any help would be appreciated as I didn't know how to figure it out.
Nice, what are the measurements on this one, and is it hand colored ?
Out of town right now so I can't measure it but it is relatively small compared to my other posters. Not handbill small though. I saw this on a site called vintageconcertposters.com so I wrote the guy there back in February and this is what he had said:
Sorry for the long delay, but have been traveling. Looks to me from the pic, your poster was produced from a picture in the Art of Rock, which would mean that it was produced most likely in the late 90's or sometime in 2000's.. What store did you buy it from in SF?

The poster you have is copied from a handbill printed by Kesey most likely in the 80's and then colored in by his daughter Sunshine Kesey in 86 or 87 and given as a gift (to Allan ? can't remember his last name )which ended up being photographed for the AOR.

Hope that helps.
Not hand-colored or anything. Just seems to be a random reprint of no real value, unless someone here has any different information. That said, if anyone is interested in this reprint, send me a PM as I am not going to keep it most likely(not really looking for much other than costs of shipping).
northstar801
New User

Sat May 14, 2016 5:10 am

I need as much information on this print as possible. I've had it for over 10 years but unfortunately I needs to sell it. Which brings me here, more detail in the description the better. If anyone can help me out, I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks so much!!