Amadeus 19 Tong

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:45 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Amadeus 19 Tong

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Love this. It's better than any Amadeus poster I could imagine. Well done, Kevin, Evil Tender, and BDP :pint:

Killer title treatment, excellent layout, unusual approach, cool colors, and Tom Hulce's likeness and expression are spot on. The beams of light shining down are a nice touch. Judging by the video below, the print job looks fantastic too.

Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:26 pm

I kind of wish the title and credits were a little more prominent. It probably looks better full size than a small jpeg but they feel like somewhat of an afterthought. I do dig the font for the main title.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:43 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Love this. It's better than any Amadeus poster I could imagine.
Jeez, really? Not a fan. Retro-future title is a huge miss for this flick imo. No F. Murray Abe or Ferris Bueller principal as the king. Likeness rights? Waaay too many smiles for such a dark movie. And I feel like homie is lifting balls with the left and getting ready to probe with the right.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:09 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:43 pm
RottenAtom wrote:
Love this. It's better than any Amadeus poster I could imagine.
Jeez, really? Not a fan. Retro-future title is a huge miss for this flick imo. No F. Murray Abe or Ferris Bueller principal as the king. Likeness rights? Waaay too many smiles for such a dark movie. And I feel like homie is lifting balls with the left and getting ready to probe with the right.
Yeah, despite really liking the movie, I have a hard time imagining a print that isn't drab or by-the-numbers. This is definitely weird, but I like it and despite the unusual approach it captures the movie for me. While it is a dark movie, I don't remember or think of it that way and this poster manages to represent the darkness in the film while still capturing the infectious carefree joy that Tom Hulce injects into Mozart.

F. Murray is represented as the masked man and I personally don't care whether the king is included. A commission group would fight for him to be included, but I really don't think he'd add anything.

Also, that would be a massive pair of balls :lol: It does kind of look like he's throwing up westside, but I like the symbology of the layout. Waiting for the "shocker" variant.

Nice having art comments back! Better than the typical burger banter and whatnot.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Agreed! And today it was so nice to see a release discussion with a link to buy a print! Ahhh, the old days...
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.