Obama 08 The Mac

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:00 am
Location: SC

Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Got mine today, after the horror stories I was expecting the worst, but it's not bad. 1 cap intact, the other pushed in. Just a few minor creases along left boarder, should flatten out and will frame out for sure. could have been worse. I have never seen a tube this big! :shock:

Pretty sure UP packed them as the tape holding on the good cap says "Upper Playground" on it with walrus logo and return address is theres...
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:00 am
Location: SC

Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Oh and the image kicks ass in person, better than expected :)
User avatar
hawks10
Art Expert
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:00 am

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Well I finally got a response from Upper Playground (automated I believe) that they opened a "case" from my damaged Obama print...interesting note, my case # was in the 50's, now I am wondering if that is 50+ cases just for the Obama, or for the company as a whole. That would be a hell of a lot of unhappy customers if it was just for the Obamas!!
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53100
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:50 pm

This should have been a silkscreen.
User avatar
piomba
Art Expert
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Mine arrived with only one cap on it. Figured UPS opened it because the tube was the size of a bazooka. Poster is in perfect condition though.
User avatar
ldiddy
Art Expert
Posts: 2871
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:00 am

Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Just got mine in the mail and the tube was perfect, taped ends and everything, print was mint. Guess I was lucky.
User avatar
kini
Art Expert
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:00 am

Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:13 pm

got mine as well, tube was fine, print had some minor edge damage, probably from sliding around. all in all, not too bad.
User avatar
hawks10
Art Expert
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:00 am

Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:17 pm

hawks10 wrote:Well I finally got a response from Upper Playground (automated I believe) that they opened a "case" from my damaged Obama print...interesting note, my case # was in the 50's, now I am wondering if that is 50+ cases just for the Obama, or for the company as a whole. That would be a hell of a lot of unhappy customers if it was just for the Obamas!!
Refunded...oh well :? - Now who wants to buy my damaged copy...or i'll trade for an EMEK with a 6 month average over $100.
User avatar
DMBfan
Art Expert
Posts: 1995
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:37 pm

hawks10 wrote:
hawks10 wrote:Well I finally got a response from Upper Playground (automated I believe) that they opened a "case" from my damaged Obama print...interesting note, my case # was in the 50's, now I am wondering if that is 50+ cases just for the Obama, or for the company as a whole. That would be a hell of a lot of unhappy customers if it was just for the Obamas!!
Refunded...oh well :? - Now who wants to buy my damaged copy...or i'll trade for an EMEK with a 6 month average over $100.
That sucks, how the hell did it get coffee on it in the tube?! :shock:
User avatar
guyforget
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Denver, CO

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:51 pm

hawks10 wrote:or i'll trade for an EMEK with a 6 month average over $100.

lol

Got mine a while back, and think its pretty nice. I do wish it was s silkscreen, but then it woulda been $200 like the rest of the UP Obama's. No thanks at $200.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
User avatar
DMBfan
Art Expert
Posts: 1995
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Just got my Mac Obama poster today, I was suprised that it has the Fairey Obama Hope Offset printed on the back side. It is signed and numbered out of 200 like the rest of the mac's. The Mac side is completely normal, the fairey side has printers color marks. Anyone else get a double sided poster like this? I don't know which side I like best! Coooool! i am just suprised that he would sign and number a double sided poster as part of the regular edition.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53100
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:36 pm

1 of a kind!
User avatar
BlakeAronson
Flipper
Posts: 8579
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:39 pm

put it on ebay, starting bid of $5,000 for the one of a kinda drymounted up copy.
8=====D~~~~
User avatar
MJBuck
Art Expert
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:04 pm

DMBfan wrote:Just got my Mac Obama poster today, I was suprised that it has the Fairey Obama Hope Offset printed on the back side. It is signed and numbered out of 200 like the rest of the mac's. The Mac side is completely normal, the fairey side has printers color marks. Anyone else get a double sided poster like this? I don't know which side I like best! Coooool! i am just suprised that he would sign and number a double sided poster as part of the regular edition.
test print. I'd throw that bitch on ebay in a heartbeat.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53100
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:04 pm

We know. :lol:
Post Reply