A Vast Palimpsest 17 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
hainshead
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Boston

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:01 pm

The print is gorgeous and as is often the case, the COA rivals the print. I was bummed to discover the print that arrived today to be skewed on the paper though. Yes, it will "frame out" but I don't want to have to correct it in the framing. It may not come through in the pic but it is almost a 1/2" out of square along the bottom edge. :(
User avatar
TKuczynski
Art Expert
Posts: 1888
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 am

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:49 pm

Rotationally or off center? 1/2" is an awful lot either way. Mine lands Monday so curious to see
User avatar
hainshead
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Boston

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:39 am

TKuczynski wrote:Rotationally or off center? 1/2" is an awful lot either way. Mine lands Monday so curious to see
I have grossly overestimated the skew (which is rotational) I measured and it is closer to 1/4”. Visually quite noticeable nonetheless. I hate to even mention it because the work produced from these guys is always top notch but I would be lieing if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed.
User avatar
murdock
Art Expert
Posts: 4225
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 am
Location: Krautland

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:47 am

Breathtaking prints. Both of them.

Did you guys get a shipping confirmation or tracking of some sort?
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
User avatar
hainshead
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Boston

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:21 am

murdock wrote:Breathtaking prints. Both of them.

Did you guys get a shipping confirmation or tracking of some sort?
Yes - shipping notification with tracking.
User avatar
tourist504
Art Expert
Posts: 4162
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: NOLA

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 am

Dat Vacvvm seal on the COA tho... :drool:
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
User avatar
gordo55
Art Expert
Posts: 1298
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Copperhead Hill

Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 pm

hainshead wrote:
murdock wrote:Breathtaking prints. Both of them.

Did you guys get a shipping confirmation or tracking of some sort?
Yes - shipping notification with tracking.
this...
THC x 7
User avatar
murdock
Art Expert
Posts: 4225
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:57 am
Location: Krautland

Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Ok, thanks. Seems like I'll wait a little longer, then.
Don’t deal with MillerTime04 - he’s a scammer
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:47 pm

So it goes...
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:19 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:A Vast Palimpsest study (detail), ink & white-out on vellum over Fabriano, 2016. #aaronhorkey #thevacvvm #milkweedgrease #andwewashedourweaponsinthesea
So it goes...
User avatar
hainshead
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Boston

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:03 pm

I have to assume everyone has received their prints now. I am curious if others had received copies that were cut crooked so that the art was skewed from the paper's edge?
hainshead wrote:
TKuczynski wrote:Rotationally or off center? 1/2" is an awful lot either way. Mine lands Monday so curious to see
I have grossly overestimated the skew (which is rotational) I measured and it is closer to 1/4”. Visually quite noticeable nonetheless. I hate to even mention it because the work produced from these guys is always top notch but I would be lieing if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13447
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:oof
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 7440
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:13 pm

yikes
User avatar
greenhorn1
Art Expert
Posts: 8767
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:27 pm

hainshead wrote:I have to assume everyone has received their prints now.
erroneous assumption. but that does look really bad and I have to assume it was a fluke that it made it past QC
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
User avatar
piper27
Art Expert
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:52 pm
Location: Stewart, Mn

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Who was doing the QC? Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys?
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
Post Reply