Erykah Badu Tel Aviv 08 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
my2hands
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:10 pm

i heard EMEK is doing the New Kids on the Block reunion prints...

and you guys would drool over them :lol:
db23
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:10 pm

my2hands wrote:
db23 wrote: I really, really dislike Ben Harper.

proof, that you are a complete jackass

:wink:
i am a jackass.

how 'bout Coheed & Cambria? i like that Emek poster. am i allowed to dislike that band? would never put that on my wall.
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:25 pm

db23 wrote:do you guys buy posters because you like the art and not care about the artist/band? are there people in here who could really hang a Erykah Badu poster on their wall and be proud of it? just saying, if you like her that's cool but i would guess that most of you couldn't give a flying f about her. do you just buy it because of the artist and you think it's a nice piece of art? i've been wondering that for awhile because i'd rather kill myself than buy a poster from a Good Charlotte or Yellowcard or some other lame band regardless of the artist. personally, it's band first, art second for me. the only poster that tempted me was the Emek Ben Harper and I really, really dislike Ben Harper.
I wouldn't go so far to kill myself .. but yeah ... band first. Could have this same discussion over in the Velvet Revolver thread ... not a fan a Badu, or VR ... so, I'd never own these prints ... I like the prints, just wouldn't own them.

I own only one print for bands I don't like, the emek 10K lakes ... I just love the print, the detail, the guitar, etc ...
db23
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:31 pm

pewter14 wrote:
db23 wrote:do you guys buy posters because you like the art and not care about the artist/band? are there people in here who could really hang a Erykah Badu poster on their wall and be proud of it? just saying, if you like her that's cool but i would guess that most of you couldn't give a flying f about her. do you just buy it because of the artist and you think it's a nice piece of art? i've been wondering that for awhile because i'd rather kill myself than buy a poster from a Good Charlotte or Yellowcard or some other lame band regardless of the artist. personally, it's band first, art second for me. the only poster that tempted me was the Emek Ben Harper and I really, really dislike Ben Harper.
I wouldn't go so far to kill myself .. but yeah ... band first. Could have this same discussion over in the Velvet Revolver thread ... not a fan a Badu, or VR ... so, I'd never own these prints ... I like the prints, just wouldn't own them.

I own only one print for bands I don't like, the emek 10K lakes ... I just love the print, the detail, the guitar, etc ...
i cannot imagine owning that Velvet Revolver poster at any price. is it a bad ass design? hell yes! does it say Velvet Revolver on it. sure does. that sucks. the fact that that poster is $2K now blows my mind.

by the way, Stone Temple Pilots reuniting for the summer.
TheRedOne
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:37 pm

Myself, I have to like the band and the art. I don't own many gig posters.
moe.ron
Flipper

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:39 pm

my2hands wrote:i heard EMEK is doing the New Kids on the Block reunion prints...

Um, I'm just concerned that you know of a NKOTB Reunion tour. Are you going to that show too?
my2hands
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:54 pm

moe.ron wrote:
my2hands wrote:i heard EMEK is doing the New Kids on the Block reunion prints...

Um, I'm just concerned that you know of a NKOTB Reunion tour. Are you going to that show too?

front row tickets in hand...
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:56 pm

TheRedOne wrote:Myself, I have to like the band and the art. I don't own many gig posters.
My dilemma as well.
funkin
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:19 pm

i like Erykah Badu.
but i'm cursed with an attraction to good music.
db23
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:33 pm

funkin wrote:i like Erykah Badu.
but i'm cursed with an attraction to good music.
Erykah Badu is excellent and she's cool but i ain't sticking her poster up in my house.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:26 pm

TheRedOne wrote:Myself, I have to like the band and the art. I don't own many gig posters.
I've kinda moved past the band part, but like, the art has to be REALLY REALLY REALLY GOOD if it's for a band that blows.

Like, I only own one Pearl Jam poster, and even that was a little hard to buy. The PJ Tribute band poster was even harder to buy. I don't know if i'd ever buy a Phish Poster, though. I'd have to see like, Mary giving birth to Jesus or something mindblowing for me to consider it.
not dead
kook
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:50 pm

I'd own a poster for a band I like even if the image is not the best ever.

I'd own a poster if I really liked the image even if the band was lame.

I'm not real excited about this print either way.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 pm

kook wrote:I'd own a poster for a band I like even if the image is not the best ever.

I'd own a poster if I really liked the image even if the band was lame.

I'm not real excited about this print either way.
yes
yes
yes
Kdh12
Art Freak

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:42 am

db23 wrote:
my2hands wrote:
db23 wrote: I really, really dislike Ben Harper.

proof, that you are a complete jackass

:wink:
i am a jackass.

how 'bout Coheed & Cambria? i like that Emek poster. am i allowed to dislike that band? would never put that on my wall.
go hang out in a thread for a band that you like....
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:50 am

Good bad, dont matter to me. I'm in it for the art. But Ms. Badu kicks some ass.