Pearl Jam NYC 16 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Fri May 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Hard to photograph this poster because of all the ink textures but it looks so much better in person than the digital jpeg.

Image
User avatar
Browntrout
EB Trainee
Posts: 2305
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Fri May 06, 2016 2:14 pm

I've been looking at this on my table for a few days now and I have to say that the one thing that stands out to me is David's mastery of perspective, which really gives this poster a 3D effect.
Image
User avatar
pearlybaker
Flipper
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:05 am

Sat May 07, 2016 12:20 pm

super stinky inks too!
All right Hamilton!
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 am
Location: NYC

Sat May 07, 2016 12:34 pm

downtown wrote:A variant was proposed but management didn't want to open that can of worms. Two of these exist. Archived, not for sale.

Image
Rumor has it, #1/2 was sold last night at the gallery while I was there. It wasn't listed in the pieces to buy but apparently someone made a crazy offer for it, like $20k or smthg. David will keep 2/2 since he keeps and frames all the ones like that, i.e. 50/50, 100/100, etc.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 am
Location: NYC

Sat May 07, 2016 12:36 pm

scripto wrote:How many prints were released at the show?
Generally, it's 1000 per show for major cities.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 am
Location: NYC

Sat May 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
par10ker wrote:I really don't see how these sell out in 5 seconds. That is how long it was from constantly refreshing to the poster popping up to adding into my cart. What a disappointment. Again.
They sold out in less than 5 seconds, more like 1.3 seconds. If the poster pops up in the middle of your 2 second refresh, you miss. Sometimes it just comes down to split second luck. You're not the only one who didn't get it.
I really got super lucky on AE drop cuz only a handful were sold. At least 60 of the AE's were sold at the gallery opening last night. I was basically last in line last night (around 8pm) and watched 97/100 & 98/100 get sold. David keeps #100/100.
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Sat May 07, 2016 8:37 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:
par10ker wrote:I really don't see how these sell out in 5 seconds. That is how long it was from constantly refreshing to the poster popping up to adding into my cart. What a disappointment. Again.
They sold out in less than 5 seconds, more like 1.3 seconds. If the poster pops up in the middle of your 2 second refresh, you miss. Sometimes it just comes down to split second luck. You're not the only one who didn't get it.
I really got super lucky on AE drop cuz only a handful were sold. At least 60 of the AE's were sold at the gallery opening last night. I was basically last in line last night (around 8pm) and watched 97/100 & 98/100 get sold. David keeps #100/100.
Only ten Pearl Jam prints were at the gallery last night. 80 prints were dropped on the online release.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 am
Location: NYC

Sat May 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Okay, I drastically assumed incorrectly. So 65+ people, most of whom waited in line all day passed on the PJ AE??? I was #74 in line and basically the last to order after 8pm and they were still being sold.
User avatar
mlwells04
Art Expert
Posts: 1218
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:32 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Sun May 08, 2016 12:08 am

YellowBedwetter wrote:Okay, I drastically assumed incorrectly. So 65+ people, most of whom waited in line all day passed on the PJ AE??? I was #74 in line and basically the last to order after 8pm and they were still being sold.
There was a 3 print limit and a lot of prints to chose from.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9966
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Sun May 08, 2016 12:09 am

YellowBedwetter wrote:Okay, I drastically assumed incorrectly. So 65+ people, most of whom waited in line all day passed on the PJ AE??? I was #74 in line and basically the last to order after 8pm and they were still being sold.
Yea only 10 last night. Ha not sure where you got 60 from. That would have meant everyone basically picked up a pearl jam.

We actually have some some of ones left that we will put up online
User avatar
peerly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Sun May 08, 2016 11:17 am

downtown wrote:
YellowBedwetter wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:
par10ker wrote:I really don't see how these sell out in 5 seconds. That is how long it was from constantly refreshing to the poster popping up to adding into my cart. What a disappointment. Again.
They sold out in less than 5 seconds, more like 1.3 seconds. If the poster pops up in the middle of your 2 second refresh, you miss. Sometimes it just comes down to split second luck. You're not the only one who didn't get it.
I really got super lucky on AE drop cuz only a handful were sold. At least 60 of the AE's were sold at the gallery opening last night. I was basically last in line last night (around 8pm) and watched 97/100 & 98/100 get sold. David keeps #100/100.
Only ten Pearl Jam prints were at the gallery last night. 80 prints were dropped on the online release.
This looks more than ten ;-)
Image
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Sun May 08, 2016 7:23 pm

peerly wrote: This looks more than ten ;-)
Image
I took this picture. It was the day before the show. David was signing the stack. That's why they were there. 10 were sold at the show I promise you.
User avatar
squalie
Art Expert
Posts: 1702
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: COS

Mon May 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Photos of these look great! Did David print these himself?
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53575
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon May 09, 2016 5:59 pm

downtown wrote:10 were sold at the show I promise you.
Pinky swear?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
bysleightofhand
Art Expert
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: CT

Mon May 09, 2016 11:36 pm

downtown wrote:Hard to photograph this poster because of all the ink textures but it looks so much better in person than the digital jpeg.
Truth. Rare are the PJ posters with such fantastic colors and ink. Very impressive in person, even if the art subject may not appeal to all.
A foil variant would have been interesting, the gray scale variant would lose so much of what makes this print great. I'm glad it got nixed.
Post Reply