The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: Virgina

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:46 pm

BangElDesh wrote:No one's going to agree to an order when we can't even agree on whether the list should be 8 or 9 films long.
The Hateful Eight is his 8th film. Hmmmmm, I thought people were smarter than this. It should be 8 films because KB is one.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23124
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:51 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:No one's going to agree to an order when we can't even agree on whether the list should be 8 or 9 films long.
The Hateful Eight is his 8th film. Hmmmmm, I thought people were smarter than this. It should be 8 films because KB is one.
Also kinda bullshit since it doesn't include "My Best Friend's Birthday" (1987), guest directing some of "Sin City", or how you'd count "Death Proof"/"Grindhouse."

It's just silly semantics. You wanna think of KB as one movie, sure. If others wanna count it as two, sure for them as well.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:37 pm

For f**** sake, who gives a f***, it's his eight film in his eyes, you like the film you buy the buy the poster, you don't then leave it, just don't bore us to death please
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9825
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:39 pm

I love watching the movie nerds fight. And if the man himself calls it his eighth film, what's really left to argue about?
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18087
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Sniffer85 wrote:For f**** sake, who gives a f***, it's his eight film in his eyes, you like the film you buy the buy the poster, you don't then leave it, just don't bore us to death please

I'd love to see this conversation continue. We are really getting somewhere
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9810
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Sniffer85 wrote:For f**** sake, who gives a f***, it's his eight film in his eyes, you like the film you buy the buy the poster, you don't then leave it, just don't bore us to death please
Image



:wink:
User avatar
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: Virgina

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:57 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:No one's going to agree to an order when we can't even agree on whether the list should be 8 or 9 films long.
The Hateful Eight is his 8th film. Hmmmmm, I thought people were smarter than this. It should be 8 films because KB is one.
Also kinda bullshit since it doesn't include "My Best Friend's Birthday" (1987), guest directing some of "Sin City", or how you'd count "Death Proof"/"Grindhouse."

It's just silly semantics. You wanna think of KB as one movie, sure. If others wanna count it as two, sure for them as well.
You can't count a movie that was destroyed, and neither does QT. Guest Directing Sin City isn't a movie of his. Also, what? That last statement makes zero sense to me. Death Proof was a movie directed by QT and Planet Terror was RR...and Grindhouse was the promotional name for the double feature. If people still continue to say KB is two movies, they're just uneducated. I think people should start reviewing each hour and a half of his movies now.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8388
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Image

but i would happily be educated. its semantics about subjective lists. we just sharing our thoughts on QT.

we could also add his csi episodes on there too because they are a two parter and could be considered a movie as far as i'm concerned. and his ep of ER.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: Virgina

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Image
Thanks, bb. I hope I got my point across and it helps people realize that KB is one movie :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8388
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Oh, so you saw it in theaters as one movie?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
FlapJack
Art Expert
Posts: 4811
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Location: Cleveland

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 pm

One movie with a long ass intermission.
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:45 pm

If you missed the drop, there's one on the bay waiting for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-HATEFUL-EIG ... SwYmZXGtVA
User avatar
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert
Posts: 2101
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:10 am

35mmpaul wrote:Oh, so you saw it in theaters as one movie?
i did it was called the whole bloody affair :pint:
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8388
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:42 am

lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:Oh, so you saw it in theaters as one movie?
i did it was called the whole bloody affair :pint:
I wish I lived in LA to watch movies at the new bev.

I don't think I've ever done the whole thing in one sitting.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
bapaik
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:44 am

I just came back to say that I watched The Hateful 8 tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit. Or at least a lot more than I thought I was. I can't remember who mentioned it feeling like a play, but I really enjoyed that component of it.
Post Reply