The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:46 pm

BangElDesh wrote:No one's going to agree to an order when we can't even agree on whether the list should be 8 or 9 films long.
The Hateful Eight is his 8th film. Hmmmmm, I thought people were smarter than this. It should be 8 films because KB is one.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:51 pm

fantasticninja wrote:
BangElDesh wrote:No one's going to agree to an order when we can't even agree on whether the list should be 8 or 9 films long.
The Hateful Eight is his 8th film. Hmmmmm, I thought people were smarter than this. It should be 8 films because KB is one.
Also kinda bullshit since it doesn't include "My Best Friend's Birthday" (1987), guest directing some of "Sin City", or how you'd count "Death Proof"/"Grindhouse."

It's just silly semantics. You wanna think of KB as one movie, sure. If others wanna count it as two, sure for them as well.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:37 pm

For f**** sake, who gives a f***, it's his eight film in his eyes, you like the film you buy the buy the poster, you don't then leave it, just don't bore us to death please
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:39 pm

I love watching the movie nerds fight. And if the man himself calls it his eighth film, what's really left to argue about?
ImageT.K.C.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Sniffer85 wrote:For f**** sake, who gives a f***, it's his eight film in his eyes, you like the film you buy the buy the poster, you don't then leave it, just don't bore us to death please

I'd love to see this conversation continue. We are really getting somewhere
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Sniffer85 wrote:For f**** sake, who gives a f***, it's his eight film in his eyes, you like the film you buy the buy the poster, you don't then leave it, just don't bore us to death please

:wink:
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:57 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:
Also kinda bullshit since it doesn't include "My Best Friend's Birthday" (1987), guest directing some of "Sin City", or how you'd count "Death Proof"/"Grindhouse."

It's just silly semantics. You wanna think of KB as one movie, sure. If others wanna count it as two, sure for them as well.
You can't count a movie that was destroyed, and neither does QT. Guest Directing Sin City isn't a movie of his. Also, what? That last statement makes zero sense to me. Death Proof was a movie directed by QT and Planet Terror was RR...and Grindhouse was the promotional name for the double feature. If people still continue to say KB is two movies, they're just uneducated. I think people should start reviewing each hour and a half of his movies now.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:00 pm

but i would happily be educated. its semantics about subjective lists. we just sharing our thoughts on QT.

we could also add his csi episodes on there too because they are a two parter and could be considered a movie as far as i'm concerned. and his ep of ER.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Image
Thanks, bb. I hope I got my point across and it helps people realize that KB is one movie :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint:
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Oh, so you saw it in theaters as one movie?
FlapJack
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 pm

One movie with a long ass intermission.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:45 pm

If you missed the drop, there's one on the bay waiting for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-HATEFUL-EIG ... SwYmZXGtVA
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:10 am

35mmpaul wrote:Oh, so you saw it in theaters as one movie?
i did it was called the whole bloody affair :pint:
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:42 am

lilorphanFunkhouser wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:Oh, so you saw it in theaters as one movie?
i did it was called the whole bloody affair :pint:
I wish I lived in LA to watch movies at the new bev.

I don't think I've ever done the whole thing in one sitting.
bapaik
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:44 am

I just came back to say that I watched The Hateful 8 tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit. Or at least a lot more than I thought I was. I can't remember who mentioned it feeling like a play, but I really enjoyed that component of it.