The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:47 pm

I was put off by the stage play feel of the film. It's one reason why I can't stand David Mamet films. This film was definitely made for the stage. I don't think there's a QT movie out there that I've disliked (besides his entry in Four Rooms, a movie that I did not like as a whole) but this one did little for me. Jackie Brown being my favorite - and Pulp Fiction being my least favorite (until Hateful Eight). I'll give it another shot but... yes, I'm bummed this print is as a cool as it is since I didn't much care for the movie. Oh well - it's a timed edition... I doubt it will be too difficult to acquire down the line, should my opinion of the movie change.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Speechless, and it's a timed edition...wow. I couldn't be happier. Jason, I'm.. :notworthy:
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:04 pm

loved the film 8/10 for me, on par with his previous work. Poster is brilliant.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:59 pm

whiskaz wrote:I'm bummed this print is as a cool as it is since I didn't much care for the movie.
This aint no lie!
BangElDesh wrote:The only way this print could better represent the movie is if it was obnoxiously long.
:clap: Brilliant

Poster is drymountin killer. Edmiston's talent just keeps on improving!
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:00 pm

whiskaz wrote:I'm bummed this print is as a cool as it is since I didn't much care for the movie.
This aint no lie!
BangElDesh wrote:The only way this print could better represent the movie is if it was obnoxiously long.
:clap: Brilliant

Poster is drymountin killer. Edmiston's talent just keeps on improving!
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
MrWorldWide
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:32 pm

INSTA-PURCHASE!
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:10 am

BangElDesh wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote: Was a bit let down with the first viewing. Still one of the best movies from last year.
Kind of odd that you consider a movie that let you down to still be one of the best movies from last year. Sounds like you need to watch more movies.
I always find it odd when people force themselves through movies or watch something they didn't like multiple times in an effort to like it more. You wouldn't go to a buffet & just eat the same item over & over again because you felt like you should have liked it more so why do this with movies? There are literally thousands of movies made every year. Go crazy.
My question for you is you don't think that your taste and understanding of a movie can't change with time?

I mean if I never changed my thoughts on a movie I would still think Batman and Robin was a great movie and 2001 to be a terrible film because thats what I thought after watching those films initially.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:19 am

I used to hate pickles and root beer, but love them now.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:24 am

bulkhead72 wrote:I used to hate pickles and root beer, but love them now.
What does this have to do with the 2001 Batman and Robin movie?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:36 am

ajmmck wrote:
It's his snack and beverage of choice while watching this as a double feature.

But which film to start with first is the question.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:43 am

I can't believe I used to hate most seafood (oysters, mussles, octopus), olives, anchovies, blue cheese... the list goes on.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:59 am

ajmmck wrote:
Because BangEldesh brought up the buffet argument. I knew pickles and root beer were good for a reason, but never dug them growing up. Kept giving them a try and now I love them.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:43 am

wottagunn wrote:Are you guys serious? A 6?
This movie is at least an 8 to me, enjoyed it far more than Django. No IB though.
All of his movies are at least an 8 (except Jackie Brown that's a 6 at best) compared to most of the fudge that that gets released these days.

P.S. Octopus and root beer are still disgusting. Pickles have always been good as long as they're dill. Get that bread and butter fudge outta here.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:31 am

Loved the movie, love the poster, will add to collection :clap:
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:47 am

Codeblue wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Are you guys serious? A 6?
This movie is at least an 8 to me, enjoyed it far more than Django. No IB though.
All of his movies are at least an 8 (except Jackie Brown that's a 6 at best) compared to most of the fudge that that gets released these days.

P.S. Octopus and root beer are still disgusting. Pickles have always been good as long as they're dill. Get that bread and butter fudge outta here.
Jackie Brown a 6? You musta had quite a holiday yesterday blue.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH