The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
playa787
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:22 pm

ajmmck wrote:
rubberneck wrote: I need to sit down and watch this film. Been putting it off based on the perceived chore of how it plays out. Hoping for a 6/10 enjoyment factor at best...
Same here. I need to find 2 and half hours to push through it and i hope it will be worth it.

Posters great and ill grab it just to see the screen printing beauty that it Edmiston!
If you have to push through it you shouldn't bother. Watching movies shouldn't be a chore. It's a QT movie through and through, you either like them or you don't. Its not his best but some great acting and definite fun to be had.
"__________ is one of my favorite movies ever but that poster doesn't do it for me. -E.B.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:37 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Are you guys serious? A 6?
This movie is at least an 8 to me, enjoyed it far more than Django. No IB though.

I'm about to watch it again. Was a bit let down with the first viewing. Still one of the best movies from last year. I agree. I think it's better than DU but Leo :drool:
Ive only seen it the once. I think it will ge tbetter with a 2nd viewing and will hold up better than DU. Didn't really enjoy that a 2nd time.

oh yeah, not a bad print too
mattkardish
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Lol MPE with the listing on the bay! Too funny.
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:46 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote: Was a bit let down with the first viewing. Still one of the best movies from last year.
Kind of odd that you consider a movie that let you down to still be one of the best movies from last year. Sounds like you need to watch more movies.
I always find it odd when people force themselves through movies or watch something they didn't like multiple times in an effort to like it more. You wouldn't go to a buffet & just eat the same item over & over again because you felt like you should have liked it more so why do this with movies? There are literally thousands of movies made every year. Go crazy.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:59 pm

BangElDesh wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote: Was a bit let down with the first viewing. Still one of the best movies from last year.
Kind of odd that you consider a movie that let you down to still be one of the best movies from last year. Sounds like you need to watch more movies.
I always find it odd when people force themselves through movies or watch something they didn't like multiple times in an effort to like it more. You wouldn't go to a buffet & just eat the same item over & over again because you felt like you should have liked it more so why do this with movies? There are literally thousands of movies made every year. Go crazy.

I need to watch more movies? Oh ok. I watch plenty of movies. Yeah it was a let down because I'm a big QT fan so my expectations were sky high. It wasnt going to meet those unreasonable expectations and I also felt like it was lesser Tarantino. I thought last year was a really strong year for film and despite being a little let down, I still think it was one of the better films released in 2015. Going to give it another watch tonight/tomorrow
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:08 pm

gotta say, really nice print. finally watched the flick a few weeks ago.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Hemetsucks
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Any predictions on the final run size for this one?
BangElDesh
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:15 am

RambosRemodeler wrote: I need to watch more movies? Oh ok. I watch plenty of movies. Yeah it was a let down because I'm a big QT fan so my expectations were sky high. It wasnt going to meet those unreasonable expectations and I also felt like it was lesser Tarantino. I thought last year was a really strong year for film and despite being a little let down, I still think it was one of the better films released in 2015. Going to give it another watch tonight/tomorrow
I agree. There were a lot of good films last year. I just wouldn't consider this one of the best of them. I thought it was pretty bad for a Tarantino movie & I definitely feel the reviews would have been a hell of a lot worse if it was some other director that made it.
prevone
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:36 am

was a bit let down by this movie, had high hopes...
gets a 7/10 for me, and its a tough call on picking up this nice print on just a 7/10 personal taste... Hmmm
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:18 am

How freakin' good is Jason Edmiston? This thing is amazing.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
binky79
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:07 am

Not really an Edmiston guy, or a Tarantino guy, but that is a great looking poster.
ahnonamis
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:22 am

Love the art. Love Edmiston's work. Just not a huge fan of H8 so I'll have to pass.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:03 am

fourthstooge wrote:How freakin' good is Jason Edmiston? This thing is amazing.
Yup, he's looking pretty darn good after the string of screen prints he's released in '15-'16.
THC x 3
automator
Nobody

Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:59 am

New image The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston
Original Painting

trarex
Art Expert

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:43 am

I don't buy movie prints but gotta give it up .
Well done :clap:
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak