The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:19 pm

binky79 wrote:
ducktree wrote:Being lazy and don't feel like reading through all eleven pages...anybody know if these have these shipped yet and if not, are they going to any time soon?
Thanks for that update! I haven't been anticipating a print arriving to my house since Horkey's TWBB :drool:
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:41 pm

rubberneck wrote:Image

IG pic
Edition of 2975
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:16 pm

The guy is a genius! The print looks fantastic!
Glad I pulled the trigger at the last moment. Believe it or not, I still have not the film :o

P.S. and an edition of almost 3,000! Jebus!
tuongtrante1
New User

Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:33 am

loved the film 8/10 for me, on par with his previous work. Poster is brilliant.
hansom02
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:14 pm

rubberneck wrote:Jackie Brown is the one movie I totally reversed my opinion on since theatrical release.

I adored Reservoir Dogs for its novel structure around the heist, Pulp Fiction raised this bar with its inverted chronology and incredible sidebar for characterization.

I expected next level dramatics and fireworks with JB and instead got a mature slow burn film with great acting and dialog, which I totally missed on a first viewing. Now I consider it one of his top three, less showy than his following films and with a sense of confidence in how it's plot plays out.

I agree gut reaction rarely changes on most films, this was the exception for me.
That's because it wasn't a QT original screenplay..its the opposite of True Romance. The maturity and confidence you speak of 100% came from it being adapted from an Elmore Leonard novel: 1992's "Rum Punch". All the Leonard Detroit and Miami crime novels read like films....
I would argue QT borrowed as much or from Leonard as re: overall storytelling & plot structure as those he has borrowed from cinematically.
but then again, i rarely know what I'm saying let alone the result being anything coherent...so there's also that
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:37 pm

hansom02 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Jackie Brown is the one movie I totally reversed my opinion on since theatrical release.

I adored Reservoir Dogs for its novel structure around the heist, Pulp Fiction raised this bar with its inverted chronology and incredible sidebar for characterization.

I expected next level dramatics and fireworks with JB and instead got a mature slow burn film with great acting and dialog, which I totally missed on a first viewing. Now I consider it one of his top three, less showy than his following films and with a sense of confidence in how it's plot plays out.

I agree gut reaction rarely changes on most films, this was the exception for me.
That's because it wasn't a QT original screenplay..its the opposite of True Romance. The maturity and confidence you speak of 100% came from it being adapted from an Elmore Leonard novel: 1992's "Rum Punch". All the Leonard Detroit and Miami crime novels read like films....
I would argue QT borrowed as much or from Leonard as re: overall storytelling & plot structure as those he has borrowed from cinematically.
but then again, i rarely know what I'm saying let alone the result being anything coherent...so there's also that
He took some creative liberties with the writing, but it's MOSTLY directly taken from the book. One thing is for sure, he knew exactly how to direct the movie and what to change to fit a specific tone. Compared to the book, it's vastly different in mood.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 pm

got my shipping notification today. excited to see this is person.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
automator
Nobody

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 pm

New image The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston - Remarque Edition
#2/15

automator
Nobody

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 pm

automator
Nobody

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:08 pm

#3/15

smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:18 pm

srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:08 am

smellmysocks73 wrote:Image
Such a great photo :lol: :lol: :lol:
automator
Nobody

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:51 am

New image The Hateful Eight 16 Edmiston - Remarque
Revolver