Street Trash 16 Skinner

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:05 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Street Trash 16 Skinner

spiper64
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Don't see Skuzzles around much longer
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:12 pm

spiper64 wrote:Don't see Skuzzles around much longer
Why's that?
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
irishlastname
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:06 am

Wow, this does not play to Skinner's strengths like, at all. I'm surprised they're actually releasing this.
spiper64
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:33 am

irishlastname wrote:Wow, this does not play to Skinner's strengths like, at all. I'm surprised they're actually releasing this.
My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't even pay for the printing. Chalk it up as a loss.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Great artist, wrong project. It's like getting Tyler Stout to do an architectural piece. Chris Skinner does crazy good architecture and backgrounds. Don't know why they didn't play to his strengths.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:48 pm

skuzzles
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:51 pm

spiper64 wrote:Don't see Skuzzles around much longer
Appreciate the in-depth business analysis. Hate to leak the news, but we'll be around for awhile.

All jokes aside, we started Skuzzles purely as a hobby business. We're both huge print collectors, and we wanted to create licensed products that other collectors as well as ourselves can enjoy. We also wanted to create opportunities for artists that pay well and to expand their portfolios. We both work full-time jobs, and run Skuzzles on the side. Do you know how hard it is to work 8-4 and then package posters 6-12 for 2 weeks straight? We've done it multiple times--it's crazy lol. We never personally collected a dime from Skuzzles--all of our profits go back into licensing, production, (most recently giving away free pins) and paying artists more. Even if we release 1 print a year, we'll still stay in business.

Really sorry that some think we didn't capitalize on Skinner's strongest assets. It is good to do what you're best at, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try other styles as well. We love this print and (personally) think Skinner did an awesome job stepping outside his comfort zone and capturing the essence of the film on a single sheet of paper. This print went over extremely well with Street Trash fans, and Roy Frumkes loved it (writer/producer of Street Trash).

No retreat, no surrender. Thanks a lot for the feedback.