Calvin & Hobbes: The Downhill 16 Thomas

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
MoviePosterEmpire

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:37 pm

fredo wrote:"Don't steal my life's work." = "Don't draw my face."
Got it.
Yes. That actor has spent his life cultivating his image and acting abilities, same as the artist and his drawing abilities. They both hold rights for their art, one is on paper, and the other is on screen.
maden wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote: Please cite a quote of his saying that he doesn't approve of non-profit fan art.
Non-profit? Sure thing Sally Struthers.
Thanks for not finding any examples. It's non-profit if the people commissioning aren't selling it commercially. That's how non-profit works.
guryter wrote:I think the discussion about this piece of fan art is fine, since we're in the art comments thread. Someone can create a "post all your C&H strips from google" thread in anything goes if they would like.

I still find it funny that this was commissioned by fans of C&H, by an artist who aped Watterson, all while there is C&H art available to be purchased that directly supports Watterson, for the same cost. But, whatever.
Please provide links or information for C&H screen printed posters.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15287
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:44 pm

TKuczynski wrote:It's a little odd that Jerkface's tracejobs didn't get the flak this one does.

This post does not mean I care about any of this
For the record, I complain about that garbage too.
Image
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3274
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:47 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
guryter wrote:I think the discussion about this piece of fan art is fine, since we're in the art comments thread. Someone can create a "post all your C&H strips from google" thread in anything goes if they would like.

I still find it funny that this was commissioned by fans of C&H, by an artist who aped Watterson, all while there is C&H art available to be purchased that directly supports Watterson, for the same cost. But, whatever.
Please provide links or information for C&H screen printed posters.
I didn't say anything about screen prints, I said art. Thickness aside, I think you can find the link on your own.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
MoviePosterEmpire

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:56 pm

guryter wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
guryter wrote:I think the discussion about this piece of fan art is fine, since we're in the art comments thread. Someone can create a "post all your C&H strips from google" thread in anything goes if they would like.

I still find it funny that this was commissioned by fans of C&H, by an artist who aped Watterson, all while there is C&H art available to be purchased that directly supports Watterson, for the same cost. But, whatever.
Please provide links or information for C&H screen printed posters.
I didn't say anything about screen prints, I said art. Thickness aside, I think you can find the link on your own.
Then you're comparing apples to bananas and completely missing the point on when people do screen print posters in the first place.
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3274
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:09 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
guryter wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
guryter wrote:I think the discussion about this piece of fan art is fine, since we're in the art comments thread. Someone can create a "post all your C&H strips from google" thread in anything goes if they would like.

I still find it funny that this was commissioned by fans of C&H, by an artist who aped Watterson, all while there is C&H art available to be purchased that directly supports Watterson, for the same cost. But, whatever.
Please provide links or information for C&H screen printed posters.
I didn't say anything about screen prints, I said art. Thickness aside, I think you can find the link on your own.
Then you're comparing apples to bananas and completely missing the point on when people do screen print posters in the first place.
Nope, I was wrong. Here's the link;

http://www.calvinandhobbes.com/comic-art
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
MoviePosterEmpire

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:18 pm

guryter wrote:Nope, I was wrong. Here's the link;

http://www.calvinandhobbes.com/comic-art
Cool! You found not screen print posters.
User avatar
AliRock110
Art Expert
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:21 pm

guryter wrote:I think the discussion about this piece of fan art is fine, since we're in the art comments thread. Someone can create a "post all your C&H strips from google" thread in anything goes if they would like.

I still find it funny that this was commissioned by fans of C&H, by an artist who aped Watterson, all while there is C&H art available to be purchased that directly supports Watterson, for the same cost. But, whatever.
A hot take that's been done to death is what you're adding to this discussion, at least a strip would have made you stand out a little more. It was nice that you got around to posting a link to make your well worn take a little hotter to the touch. Because the way that the quote above was constructed, it just looks like you're aping the "cool Kids" argument, but whatever. You do what makes you happy, I'll ask for more strips.

Anybody want to post more strips?
User avatar
guryter
Art Expert
Posts: 3274
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Here's your strip.

Image
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
User avatar
LadyGanglia
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:28 am

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:34 pm

AliRock110 wrote:
Anybody want to post more strips?
Image

Image
Image
User avatar
punch
Art Expert
Posts: 3982
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:36 pm

AliRock110 wrote:
guryter wrote:
Anybody want to post more strips?
Image
User avatar
mike123230
Art Expert
Posts: 5723
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Guys! I think we're really close on all being in agreement. Congratulations, internet! You've done it!
User avatar
statik
Art Expert
Posts: 4225
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:06 pm

^ kitten punch,it wasn't funny the first time you posted it. Weak ass argument anyway but I wouldn't expect any less of you the way you pussy foot around valid questions because God forbid you're wrong. No, can never admit that.

Still waiting on the source image. :roll:

Oh and the argument about non profit. If you ever ran a commission before you would know the price that was charged for these is incredibly cheap when you put in the factors of printing cost and shipping materials. $80 shipped for TWO 18x24's with multiple colors and separate screens. That isn't cheap by any means to get printed so the profit really is next to nothing as much as you want to say otherwise.
drymount your sig!
User avatar
AliRock110
Art Expert
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:16 pm

guryter wrote:Here's your strip.

Image

:clap: :clap: Much more clever than your last hot take. Thank you very much for indulging me, I sincerely appreciate it. One question though. If you don't believe in ethics any more, why are you making such a high horsed argument?
User avatar
MonteAlderaan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:03 am

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Codeblue wrote:It's easier to be a crusader when you're already rich.
User avatar
AliRock110
Art Expert
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:25 pm

LadyGanglia wrote:
AliRock110 wrote:
Anybody want to post more strips?
Image

Image

If I'm guilty of the "3 Ds" it's because I'm tired of the same argument being made by both side over and over again. It gets boring, like seeing the same strip twice. Thanks though.
Post Reply