Calvin & Hobbes: The Downhill 16 Thomas

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
statik
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:53 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Are you as done as statik was when he was not replying again?
The comic sharing man. I can't resist.

:ziggi:

This was so me as a kid ...

drymount your sig!
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:25 am

planetexpress
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Brian2013 wrote:The amount of hypocrisy about these prints combined with the amount of bullshit you ALL do from flipping prints, to commissioning your own desired projects is ironic and your issues with this print are idoitic. You all can continue to circle jerk each other though about your obsessive passion for Calvin and Hobbes artwork, I'm going to enjoy having these prints hanging and remember how much they drove all you retards crazy. I kinda feel as mischievous as Calvin himself because in reality, he would give no shits about your opinion, neither do I:)
Wait a minute. Someone's livelihood may have been put at risk due to a commission you all started and you act glib and couldn't care less about it?!? I assumed contacting the artist's boss = Andrews McMeel (good luck with that) but if someone actually contacted Steve's boss over these knockoffs the ONLY people who should be blamed are the ones who started this commission. I hope one of you told Steve how Bill Watterson's been very vocal about NOT licensing Calvin and Hobbes before he agreed to take on this project; if not you're worse than flippers...
Assholes get elected, cause assholes get to vote.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Something a friend of ours has made and gave to my wife at the baby shower yesterday.

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
statik
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:35 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Something a friend of ours has made and gave to my wife at the baby shower yesterday.

Very cool. :heart:

I'm currently in the middle of painting the guest room here. I might paint a C&H mural of some sorts on one of the walls, certainly contemplating it.
drymount your sig!
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:33 pm

statik wrote:my parents decided to burn all my CH books
:shock:
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:36 pm

#Taliban
That's what she said
statik
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:27 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:
statik wrote:my parents decided to burn all my CH books
:shock:
Yeah man. I thought it couldn't get any worse than that till they sat me down with my Primus cds and would go over the lyrics. I will never forget the outrage they had for the Pork Soda album. They called it "secular" music and of course burned it. A running trend in my family.
drymount your sig!
lujborg
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:56 pm

if y'all really felt that nostalgic about watterson's work as it appears you do you wouldn't be promoting someone else making money off of it. but whatever helps you sleep at night, it's clear what's taken place here.
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:04 pm

finneganm wrote:In defense of this project, if you really wanted a larger Calvin & Hobbes poster hanging in your house, you really don't have an option other than making your own. It's a small edition private commission and not up for broad resale, so morally slightly different than mass producing a Calvin and Hobbes poster/sticker/calendar/whatever to profit off of.

Still doesn't really pass the smell test on a lot of levels, but do you really give a fudge?
Stand by it, especially the last bit there.
That's what she said
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:08 pm

C and H mural in the guest room now? :roll: But to each their own, of course.

I don't care about any of this fudge. I've stomped all over some copyrighted images in my time. But it seems to me that the biggest fans of BILL WATTERSON (Calvin and Hobbes are not real) would have more respect for his wishes as an artist who created something you love so much. Homie created the characters you guys adore and has gone on record many times about how he feels about fudge like this. It simply doesn't add up that you have no respect for that wish.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:25 pm

Counter argument: my desire to have a Calvin & Hobbes poster on my wall matters more to me than Mr. Watterson's desire to not create a nice authentic one I could support him with. Is it selfish? Sure, but I think it's more a celebration than a slap in the face. Especially for the people in the commission who are basically carpeting their house with Calvin & Hobbes.
That's what she said
MoviePosterEmpire

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:51 pm

planetexpress wrote:
Brian2013 wrote:The amount of hypocrisy about these prints combined with the amount of bullshit you ALL do from flipping prints, to commissioning your own desired projects is ironic and your issues with this print are idoitic. You all can continue to circle jerk each other though about your obsessive passion for Calvin and Hobbes artwork, I'm going to enjoy having these prints hanging and remember how much they drove all you retards crazy. I kinda feel as mischievous as Calvin himself because in reality, he would give no shits about your opinion, neither do I:)
Wait a minute. Someone's livelihood may have been put at risk due to a commission you all started and you act glib and couldn't care less about it?!? I assumed contacting the artist's boss = Andrews McMeel (good luck with that) but if someone actually contacted Steve's boss over these knockoffs the ONLY people who should be blamed are the ones who started this commission. I hope one of you told Steve how Bill Watterson's been very vocal about NOT licensing Calvin and Hobbes before he agreed to take on this project; if not you're worse than flippers...
You're a god damn fan. It's not your job to protect some other person's license. If you have a problem with it, you inform the license holder directly and they decide whether they want to deal with it or not. I'd like to see you turning over tables at comic conventions for people who make C&H tribute art because what they do is more egregious than what has been done here.
lujborg
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:54 pm

^you can keep trying to argue your point by saying "it's ok because other people do it" but that's not actually a valid argument.
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
1000steps
Art Expert

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:55 pm

You guys didn't hear? Hobbes did too many shrooms and ate Calvin accidentally while hallucinating.
Welcome to the sleaze pit