Calvin & Hobbes: The Downhill 16 Thomas

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:56 pm

What if someone commissioned a sketch or other OG of C&H? Something personal?
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:04 pm

If anyone does, please upload it so you can gloat how it's amazing and we can all be butthurt about it.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
MoviePosterEmpire

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:27 pm

lujborg wrote:The artist asks for one thing from his fans: don't rip off my fudge. drymount you.

also if you bought this print or had any hand in creating it: drymount you.

i'm glad that thief got called out at work for being what he is.

ps. drymount you.
Coming from a person who owns unlicensed artwork featuring people who don't allow their likenesses to be used in posters.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:30 pm

stfu already. enough with your white knightin' this trace job
irishlastname
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:34 pm

finneganm wrote:
kyler4444 wrote:So someone on EB contacted the artist's employer. Nice
Employer - so somebody paid you to trace a Calvin & Hobbes picture?
Artist - yes
Employer - can you get these morons to pay for anything else?
:notworthy:
punch
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Brian2013 wrote:
kyler4444 wrote:I was being sarcastic. I think it was a dick move to call the artist's employer.

I'd love to + 1 if I could.
Yeap. Considering the same individual I am sure flips prints for cash and hypocritically has been in their own unlicensed commissions before:P More likely they just saw the print and were so distraught they missed it that their childish revenge laden intent is to put the artists job and livelihood in jeopardy. Hope karma drymounts that person in the ass.

You've lost your mind.
statik
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:40 pm

I'm kinda disappointed in you eb. Usually you're on top of this but I have yet to see proof this is a direct trace job. Where's the gif overlayed on top of original source? Prometheus anyone?

Have any of you even looked at Steve's portfolio of work? You don't see the influence? Do you even realize how cheap these were? There was no personal gain here profit wise so you can cut that fudge right now.

This was a passion project. When I ran my first commission with Florey doing Robin Hood this was also done as a passion project. Unlicensed and yet people praised us for it? I did it for the same reason Steve did it, I was tired of not having that represented one of my favorite films. I saw no one else stepping up to do it so figured it was up to me. No regrets whatsoever.

This arguement about it being against Bill's wishes doesn't hold up whatsoever. Bill was afraid of things turning into Garfield, mass produced and endless merch. This is not the case here. If you really need to get your fix to lynch someone why don't you go after all the sellers on Etsy and eBay that take his comics and directly sell them as stand alones? At least Steve put some effort into it.

And stop denying you're all innocent. Seriously, drymount you right back. Artist wishes? What a joke. You really think all the prints and OG's you collect that you later flip for your own profit gets support from those artists? Good luck with that.

Punch, if you had a kitten. I'd punch it.
drymount your sig!
statik
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:43 pm

I won't be replying again. You just can't reason with stupid sometimes.

I do also find it hilarious looking at the long Iso list for Englerts C&H. The people flipping the lithograph Bill gave out as a GIFT is also hilarious. drymount your so called moral "high ground". Look in a mirror.
drymount your sig!
partpat
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Melts nice.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Brian2013
Art Expert

statik wrote:I'm kinda disappointed in you eb. Usually you're on top of this but I have yet to see proof this is a direct trace job. Where's the gif overlayed on top of original source? Prometheus anyone?

Have any of you even looked at Steve's portfolio of work? You don't see the influence? Do you even realize how cheap these were? There was no personal gain here profit wise so you can cut that fudge right now.

This was a passion project. When I ran my first commission with Florey doing Robin Hood this was also done as a passion project. Unlicensed and yet people praised us for it? I did it for the same reason Steve did it, I was tired of not having that represented one of my favorite films. I saw no one else stepping up to do it so figured it was up to me. No regrets whatsoever.

This arguement about it being against Bill's wishes doesn't hold up whatsoever. Bill was afraid of things turning into Garfield, mass produced and endless merch. This is not the case here. If you really need to get your fix to lynch someone why don't you go after all the sellers on Etsy and eBay that take his comics and directly sell them as stand alones? At least Steve put some effort into it.

And stop denying you're all innocent. Seriously, drymount you right back. Artist wishes? What a joke. You really think all the prints and OG's you collect that you later flip for your own profit gets support from those artists? Good luck with that.

Punch, if you had a kitten. I'd punch it.

POTD. :clap: :clap:
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
jools
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:00 pm

:roll:
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:08 pm

planetexpress
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:24 pm

statik wrote:Have any of you even looked at Steve's portfolio of work? You don't see the influence?
I actually like Steve's work but this looks NOTHING like most of his other "vintage" travel posters....
Assholes get elected, cause assholes get to vote.
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:39 pm

Anybody go to jail yet?
just a foil for me today, thanks